picture requests (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.myspace.com
Hey guys,
I was wondering what some of this stuff would actually look like before I did it. Can you guys post some pics of your 60's with all the chrome trim and snake blinders pulled. I'd also like to get a peek at where you guys place your cb antennas. Thx for the help.
Jason

p.s. my chrome stripping is coming off wear it starts on the drivers side by side mirror, if there is any way to keep it on suggestions would be helpful.

Here's a good thread on the chrome thing: https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=55057&highlight=pics I just took off all my chrome, so I can post pics tomorrow as well. Def take it all off. btw, thanks surffj62 for the advice on that!

As for CB stuff, a good place to search would be in the Outfitting section. Common places for mounting antennas are the roof, rear bumper, front bumper, or along the hood.

dfcruiserguy said:
Hey guys,
I'd also like to get a peek at where you guys place your cb antennas.

From the perspective if transmission and recption - best place is the roof. It's high, no obstructions, flat base. All three of these help. If you drive/wheel where this location works, then use it. Second best might be the DS fender. It's also flat, but you ideally want an antenna that's higher than your roof. Also keep in mind that a whip gives better trans/recp than a "firestick" or similar, but is cumbersome off road.

Like a lot of things, "best" depends on how you weight different variables. Talk to people who wheel like you do, and see what works for them (and what doesn't). Go into a CB shop, and ask them some questions. There are also some CB sites on the internet, some have some good info.

From my own research on this topic, two variables seem to bubble to the top in terms of priority...
1. Transmission/recption range.
2. Clearance (brush/garages/etc.)

Choose the one that's most important to you, and then purchase/install the antenna accordingly.

Just curious ... was chrome trim standard on all 60 series cruisers or just fancypants US-spec models? Did any come out of the factory minus the chrome? Want to keep it stock (mostly), you know... but "stock" can mean various things....

Jason

:grinpimp:
Carson & Gavin Misc 125a.JPG

CTiger said:
I think all US models came with the chrome. However, I've heard of non-uS models with the no-chrome option.

The Australian models had little or no chrome.
The HJ/FJ60 with the barn doors had no chrome except the door handles

My 1981 Aussie HJ60 had all original crome when I got it. I yanked that s*** off as soon as I got it home. Door window frames and sills, windshield and rear window rubber had inset chrome strips, snake blinders too and the worst are the drip rails, which attract gunk and rust. I blacked out the grille, the headlight housing, and will black out the door handles and the license plate light housing. Chrome doesn't belong on these beasts.

CHROME does not equal BLING, not unless you're talking about American classics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom