Picture Request: Accelerator Linkage (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys! 2mbb helped me out with my "carb choke plate" issue but now I have a problem with my accelerator linkage.

I've done a search for "Accelerator Linkage FJ60" and a few other variations but I haven't gotten results that gave me the answer I'm looking for to the quesion...

What hardware keeps the accelerator rod from popping out of the two cup like retainers?

A picture would probably do the trick. Here is a reference pic from SOR.com the problem is it doesn't tell me the proper hardware. #51 is the rod that I need to know the hardware and orientation for. I understand that a parts display is not a good resource.

042G.gif

I have a couple of retainer pins that slide over the "ball" on the end of the accelerator rod, but they don't hold everything together, which is odd because that's all that was there before I took everything apart. The rod came undone twice yesterday while I was playing with the throttle and adjusting the carb. I need to drive my cruiser to an exhaust shop this week and really need to get this problem solved.

Thanks Everyone.

Is this what you're looking for? First pic is the front part towards the carb, second is the end by the cab. Same setup, there's a little R-pin like thing that clips on there and holds the ball into the socket.
Not the best pics but hopefully they help; if not let me know and I'll try to get some better ones.
Throttle Linkage Front.jpg
Throttle Linkage Rear.jpg

Thanks tclark, that helps me out a bunch. Had mine pull out while driving in the neighborhood today and couldn't quite figure out how the retainer pin attached.

Thanks tclark, that helps me out a bunch. Had mine pull out while driving in the neighborhood today and couldn't quite figure out how the retainer pin attached.

Been there; I have a habit of yanking stuff off thinking "Oh I'll remember where/how that goes". 3 days later I don't even know what it is!

tclark,

That is exactly what I needed...I have the right hardware just wrong placement.

2mbb,

I think you're right about #63 but it's not shown very well and I would never have gotten the placement correct.

Looks like my new exhaust will be installed tomorrow or the next day depending on when I can get the truck to the show. Thanks again everyone for pitching in.

-Cliff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom