Picture of stock carb linkage needed Please!

Discussion in '60-Series Wagons' started by FJTOYMAN, Nov 14, 2005.

1. FJTOYMAN

FJTOYMAN

Hi all. I just bought an 87 FJ60 that the PO had put a weber 34/36 on. It was not running correctly (way to rich) and I've never been a fan of webber carbs.
    I've already purchased a stock carb and air cleaner and would like to return the rig to stock. Can some one please post up a pickture of their stock linkage? I think I'm missing bracket to connect the linkage. I've done a search and have had no luck finding a pick. All my books don't have a good pic either.
    When I get the rig on the road I'll post up a pic and the registry.

Thanks in advance.
    Andy

2. roscoFJ73

roscoFJ73

Media:
    Albums:
    Hi Andy I hope these help,they are from my aussie spec 3F. I think there is a small U shaped clip that holds the cable to the bracket but its not in the photo
    robs pics 122 (Small).jpg robs pics 124 (Small) (2).jpg

3. MDH33

MDH33

Do a search, there are a lot of posts dealing with this.

Here's a good one:

Carb Linkage

Here's another from SOR:

SOR Carb pics

4. chitown40

chitown40

I think you are referring to the bracket and linkage that goes onto the firewall, right? The webers use a cable and the stock uses a series of steel rods and a bracket if I recall. Take a look on SOR.com at their diagrams and figure out which parts you need. I have an extra firewall bracket in ok shape, but I'm guessing it won't be an expensive part to get from one of the cruiser parts guys or C-Dan. Also check in the For Sale - Parts section for guys parting out 60's and you can probably get the whole assembly w/ rods relatively inexpensively. Congrats on your purchase and good luck with your new best friend. :)

5. Mace

Mace rock scientist.. Staff Member s-Moderator

Rosco, yours uses a cable setup.

FJ, I have an entire setup for a 85 if you are interested..

6. FJTOYMAN

FJTOYMAN

Hi guys. Thanks for the help so far. I did a search of all the threads under "carbs" and "Linkage". What I need is a pic of the linkage from the fire wall to the carb. I think I'm missing a bracket. Also can some one tell me the length of the smallest link that I think actually connects to the small ball on the carb. I think the PO cut and welded mine. Or at least that what it looks like. Thanks
    Andy

7. toyman317

toyman317

Good request FJ. I need to change over from a Holley to the stock carb on my 60 as well. I need a pic of the linkage too. Can anyone help with a Holley change over. I saw the article in Tech but it didnt' say much about what all needs to come off the stock carb for desmogging. The stock carb I have still has all the vacuum lines on it for smogging.

8. roscoFJ73

roscoFJ73

Media:
    Albums:

9. toyman317

toyman317

I am converting from a Holley to stock. The end of my throttle cable is flat metal with a hole in it which is bolted to the Holley. What do I need to fit securely over the little ball on the carb throttle bracket? Anyone have a hard line to the carb they want to shed?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.