Picture of stock carb linkage needed Please!

Hi all. I just bought an 87 FJ60 that the PO had put a weber 34/36 on. It was not running correctly (way to rich) and I've never been a fan of webber carbs.
I've already purchased a stock carb and air cleaner and would like to return the rig to stock. Can some one please post up a pickture of their stock linkage? I think I'm missing bracket to connect the linkage. I've done a search and have had no luck finding a pick. All my books don't have a good pic either.
When I get the rig on the road I'll post up a pic and the registry.

Thanks in advance.
Andy

Hi Andy I hope these help,they are from my aussie spec 3F. I think there is a small U shaped clip that holds the cable to the bracket but its not in the photo
robs pics 122 (Small).jpg
robs pics 124 (Small) (2).jpg

chitown40

I think you are referring to the bracket and linkage that goes onto the firewall, right? The webers use a cable and the stock uses a series of steel rods and a bracket if I recall. Take a look on SOR.com at their diagrams and figure out which parts you need. I have an extra firewall bracket in ok shape, but I'm guessing it won't be an expensive part to get from one of the cruiser parts guys or C-Dan. Also check in the For Sale - Parts section for guys parting out 60's and you can probably get the whole assembly w/ rods relatively inexpensively. Congrats on your purchase and good luck with your new best friend. :)

Mace

rock scientist..
Staff member
s-Moderator

Rosco, yours uses a cable setup.

FJ, I have an entire setup for a 85 if you are interested..

Hi guys. Thanks for the help so far. I did a search of all the threads under "carbs" and "Linkage". What I need is a pic of the linkage from the fire wall to the carb. I think I'm missing a bracket. Also can some one tell me the length of the smallest link that I think actually connects to the small ball on the carb. I think the PO cut and welded mine. Or at least that what it looks like. Thanks
Andy

Good request FJ. I need to change over from a Holley to the stock carb on my 60 as well. I need a pic of the linkage too. Can anyone help with a Holley change over. I saw the article in Tech but it didnt' say much about what all needs to come off the stock carb for desmogging. The stock carb I have still has all the vacuum lines on it for smogging.

I am converting from a Holley to stock. The end of my throttle cable is flat metal with a hole in it which is bolted to the Holley. What do I need to fit securely over the little ball on the carb throttle bracket? Anyone have a hard line to the carb they want to shed?

Top Bottom