Picture of fusible link install (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hi guys, still having some electrical issues. Hoping someone has a picture of a properly installed fusible link

Fusible Link for 80 Series Land Cruiser
Fuseable Link Junction Block for 80 Series Land Cruiser

The first link is a picture of the 3 fusible links. Black, blue, and pink. They are all joined together and attach to the positive battery terminal.

The second link is a picture of the terminal box that 2 of the 3 links attach to. You will notice that the 2 ring terminals on the black and blue links are different sizes. They correspond to the 2 different size lugs on the terminal block. Put the big one on the big one and the little one on the little one.
The pink link terminates in a grey connector which has it's mate close to the battery. Plug it in.

IMG_8305.jpg

Thanks guys, I installed the new link and no change, I’m still getting an occasional start and then it dies, when I try to restart the cel does not come on, I’m pretty solid mechanically but electrical stumps me. I will try to attach a picture of a wire that is exposed but it is not in contact with anything.

Help!

If you need more There are some photos of the wiring in the thread about updating to a 150 amp sequoia alternator.

Does anyone know where I would find the mating connector for the gray connector off of the fusible link? Previous owner butcher the wiring at the battery. See landcruiserphil pic above. I have the fusible link on order fron wits end.

Thanks for the newbie

Housing:
FL Housing.PNG

Repair wire:
FL Repair Wire.PNG

Does anyone have a photo / a solid description of what the battery connections SHOULD look like in a stock setup (‘97 80)? I’m trying to tidy up some mess from the PO and get this area right.

+
Should there be 2 connections to the positive terminal? The main power from battery to starter AND the fusable link?

-
And, on the negative terminal, there’s the main ground to the motor and the short run to outside the battery box on the fender... right?

i just ordered a new fusable link from wits end as well as the little black junction box. This weekend, I replaced the battery cables with the better than OEM kit sold by @Fourrunner and the group 24 o’reilly battery with a 27F NAPA legend.

I appreciate the help for a power noob like me! I want this thing starting on time every time and it all starts with power, for sure!

This shows the fusable link connected to a bolt OUTSIDE the battery box (on the back)? If so, what’s on the other side of that bolt (presumably inside the battery box)? Or, I’m a seeing this wrong? I’m trying to get my setup clean from the battery.
No pictures to help you out. But I do not think that picture of the LCP fusible link is oem. I believe that picture is showing his fusible link relocation kit. That kit is a stellar idea....

Fusible Link for 80 Series Land Cruiser
Fuseable Link Junction Block for 80 Series Land Cruiser

The first link is a picture of the 3 fusible links. Black, blue, and pink. They are all joined together and attach to the positive battery terminal.

The second link is a picture of the terminal box that 2 of the 3 links attach to. You will notice that the 2 ring terminals on the black and blue links are different sizes. They correspond to the 2 different size lugs on the terminal block. Put the big one on the big one and the little one on the little one.
The pink link terminates in a grey connector which has it's mate close to the battery. Plug it in.
This is a solid description.

Hey, could anyone help me figure out my fusible link set up. I was trying to go over it and I can’t find everything. Where is that other part that I circled?

33F0A5B4-5EDB-411B-8847-547C77FC3D2A.jpeg

036CABC7-45F4-4786-90F2-B4C94BCB37AE.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom