Picture of frame (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,

New to the forum but I have been reading threads for some time.

I currently have a modified 4Runner and had a very nicely built Tacoma that I still wish I didn’t sell.

I’ve been keeping and eye out for a FJ40 for a while now and am currently looking at one. I’m no mechanic but I want to learn. Attached is a picture of the underside of the unit. I’d like your guys thoughts on how significant this could be and whether it’s worth pursuing further with interest in buying it. Overall, the rest of the vehicle looks decent apart from some poorly fixed rust in places.

Thanks,

gh

1618792497692.png

Hey guys,

I currently have a modified 4Runner and had a very nicely built Tacoma that I still wish I didn’t sell.

I’ve been keeping and eye out for a FJ40 for a while now and am currently looking at one. I’m no mechanic but I want to learn. Attached is a picture of the underside of the unit. I’d like your guys thoughts on how significant this could be and whether it’s worth pursuing further with interest in buying it. Overall, the rest of the vehicle looks decent apart from some poorly fixed rust in places.

Thanks,

gh

View attachment 2649439
I could be mistaken but aren’t FJ chasis usually closed, and not a C channel? Question for frame nerds

Yea.....not sure why you have a C channel but I think it should be closed

B20E22D0-F4BB-434C-B971-5012307C490A.jpeg

Edit: Well, I guess the rear is open a little.

Hey guys,

Thanks,

gh

View attachment 2649439
Ignore previous messages, looks fine to me but wait for further consensus

I would say that frame is really clean, only issue I see is that crack in the rear crossmember, which would kind of point to a rear collision at some point, but it looks like everything else is lined up and not rusted. New crossmember is available from BTB products, easy fix unless you just bend the split back together, drill at the end of the crack and reweld it. looks a hell of a lot better than the Frames I am working on right now.

There's a dent in the right rear shock and the right frame support at a 45 to the rear bumper seems to have some waves in it. but it's all very fixable.

Thanks very much for the responses. Never fails to impress me the knowledge on Toyota forums.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom