pict of curiser with 285/75/16 tires (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Any body got a picture of a 1 100 with 285/75/16s on it?
Are there any disadvantages to the larger tire?

With running boards and without.

IMG_2976.jpg

IMG_2986.jpg

285/76/16 is just about the perfect tire size, IMO. Fills the wheel well of a stock LC/LX nicely without looking too big and stuffed in.

FWIW, trying doing a search. I recall a pretty recent thread covering the same topic.

Any recommendations on a tire for around 200 each? I have the toyo all terrain and I'm looking at getting the 285/75/16 for $190 each...

I don't know anything about tires. I am running 285 70 17 Toyo open country MT's on Tundra rims. A guy told me to switch to 295 70 16'S. Will a 16 tire fit my rim, and what is the difference in width? Wont it make my tires bulge at the sidewall?
I really am sorry if this is a dumb question.

I don't know anything about tires. I am running 285 70 17 Toyo open country MT's on Tundra rims. A guy told me to switch to 295 70 16'S. Will a 16 tire fit my rim, and what is the difference in width? Wont it make my tires bulge at the sidewall?

Ok wow. if you have a 17in rim a tire for any other diamiter wheel will not fit.

If you like your 285 70 17 why listen to someone else with a random comment?

Someone gives you advice, you should check it out. I'm checking it out and apparently it's bad advice. That's how I learn.

If you like your tires and they work for you, rock em. Also I dont think 295 70 16s are even a size. 295 75 16s are but If I were you I would keep the tundra 17s

I've got 285 75 R16, but I really think going up a size if you plan in lifting may be ideal. I love the BF KO2's. I've been running BFG AT's for years and the KO2's are the best so far.

There are actually huge numbers of tire sizes available on a 17" wheel. In some cases, you may find cheaper options due to the number of vehicles that have a factory 17" wheel now days. I wouldn't change a wheel size just because someone told you to. Do a little research, if you fins a tire you like, they have it in your size, and it fits your price range, go for it. I wouldn't change a wheel unless I absolutely needed to.

IMG_9156.JPG

IMG_9161.JPG

Last edited:
Not a dumb question, it's the only way to learn.

A tire that is on a 16" wheel will not fit on a 17" wheel. The part of the tire that meets the wheel has a steel braided core that will not stretch. Did the guy happen to tell you why he suggested you switch to a 16" wheel?

Ask away my friend. But, a word of caution..do a little research and Google some things before you post on here. There is a wealth of information here, but you'll find that even though everyone is willing to give you an answer..it may come at the expense of a little pride or good'ol fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom