Pics with different sizes of fridges (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

aaronrules

Coolest person you know!
Threads
I have a old huge fridge that I got HIH 3. It’s huge. I can’t remember the brand or actual size, but it fills up most of the side of the rear cargo area or the spot of the 60 of the 60/40 rear seats.

What fridges do you guys have? How much room do they take up? I am not a fan of this huge I do have as I know I can easily use a smaller one. Maybe something like a 30 qt? Even for family trips, I do see any real reason to use the huge one we have now.

Bonus for pictures of what you have installed in your 100.

Engle 45 in the 40 spot of the second row. Enough for 5 days worth of food for my gf and I

IMG_20190104_235013349.jpg

63 qt ARB in the '06 we used to have. Yep it's big.

20160627_001641.jpg

Last edited:
I have an ARB 50 that I was about to put in the classifieds because we are moving up(to move down:cool:) to a ARB 63. I will post pics of my setup when I get home from work.

Best pic I got. I have the Costway (Amazon special) 52qt fridge on a Dometic 5065 slide.

IMG_2831.JPG

Don't why this got moved...I am looking for 100 series specific references.

I have an ARB 50 that I was about to put in the classifieds because we are moving up(to move down:cool:) to a ARB 63. I will post pics of my setup when I get home from work.
hmmmm.....

hmmmm.....
Yeah, mine has the ARB transit bag (been in it since day one) and the wireless remote fridge monitor. It’s all like new too:p

Don't why this got moved...I am looking for 100 series specific references.
Probably because it wasn't a tech thread specifically, though admittedly there seems to be some variability about what is appropriate. As for my fridge I can't find a pic now, but I have a 43 and would probably go to a 50, anything larger would definitely need a slide, but I'm willing to deal with the space reduction for the convenience of more cold stuff.

edit: Post 17. I don't use the big black boxes any longer, but same idea with the fridge...

Last edited:
Ah, I would've never guessed it was a door stop. Nice spot to store it.

I've noticed that most of these fridges open on their long end. Can anyone see any drawbacks or have experience with a fridge that opens sideways like a traditional cooler?

I can get a good deal on a dometic cfx40w or cfx50w, and besides the size difference the 50 has the sideways facing lid. I don't want to end up kicking myself for getting something that is a pain in the Ass. Either way, I plan to mount it on a slider.

I've noticed that most of these fridges open on their long end. Can anyone see any drawbacks or have experience with a fridge that opens sideways like a traditional cooler?

I can get a good deal on a dometic cfx40w or cfx50w, and besides the size difference the 50 has the sideways facing lid. I don't want to end up kicking myself for getting something that is a pain in the Ass. Either way, I plan to mount it on a slider.

I'd get a sideways opening lid if I could. Side opening fridges require way less roof clearance and can open fully. My fridge opening is limited by the hatch. It's still fine, but sideways opening would be better IMO. The ARBs have a removable lid, which makes accessing and loading the fridge super easy.

Here's a 50Q ARB. Way too big for a solo weekend, but we (me + wife + 2 idiot dogs) found it perfect on a 2 week road trip last fall. I usually run solo weekend trips, so the 37Q is probably the better choice for that. But I got a decent deal on this one, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Round 1: Edgestar 86qt

IMG_20150804_155413905.jpg

Round 2: IndelB 18qt

Its a pretty big change and we have to go grocery shopping every 3 days instead of a week or more during longer trips. Now we carry less pre-cooked and more dehydrated or freeze-dried meals that don't need refrigeration. Only essential stuff that has no real shelf-stable alternative goes into the fridge - milk (not if its UHT) & eggs, meat, cheese spread, fruit juices and beer for the night.

Round 1: Edgestar 86qt

View attachment 1936541

Round 2: IndelB 18qt

View attachment 1936542

Its a pretty big change and we have to go grocery shopping every 3 days instead of a week or more during longer trips. Now we carry less pre-cooked and more dehydrated or freeze-dried meals that don't need refrigeration. Only essential stuff that has no real shelf-stable alternative goes into the fridge - milk (not if its UHT) & eggs, meat, cheese spread, fruit juices and beer for the night.
This is what I’m talking about! I’m assuming that IndelB has a good reputation? I really like the idea of something smaller like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom