Pics / thoughts on 4x4 labs rear bumper on OME stock height springs? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Strongly considering getting a basic 4x4 labs bumper without a swing out (for now) for my 96. Springs and shocks are OME stock height and about 1.5 years old.

Has anyone run this bumper or similar on stock or OME stock height suspensions? From what I gather the weight lost from the stock bumper and frame bits to be cut out is comparable to the weight of the 4x4 labs..

Any pictures or experience with this set up would be appreciated.

I can't speak to the effect of the bumper weight on the OME springs, but I can say that the bumper weight far exceeds the amount of weight you will remove with the stock stuff/crossmember/etc. One option would be to "see what happens" and plan on some spring spacers in the rear if need be to level it. I added 20 mm spacers in the front of mine to level it after the ARB in the front, but the additional weight of the Labs bumper has me right at the ragged edge of reverse-stinkbug. Especially loaded. I might need to pull them back out...

No direct experience with that combo, but related experience. Running the 861/862 combo, with stock Tokico shocks in the rear. The 862 is an overload spring, you actually need some extra weight over stock back there or things get jarring. We run a drawer/sleeper that is not light and its loaded with gear. Doubt it weighs more than the bumper you're considering and it's fine, no issues. I'll be adding airbags in the rear for when we tow, but here's how it looked when fully loaded without them.
2011RoadTrip2.jpg

So basically a light stinkbug is what you're likely to end up with unless you really load it down, like here where its darn close to level.

No direct experience with that combo, but related experience. Running the 861/862 combo, with stock Tokico shocks in the rear. The 862 is an overload spring, you actually need some extra weight over stock back there or things get jarring. We run a drawer/sleeper that is not light and its loaded with gear. Doubt it weighs more than the bumper you're considering and it's fine, no issues. I'll be adding airbags in the rear for when we tow, but here's how it looked when fully loaded without them.
View attachment 1341511
So basically a light stinkbug is what you're likely to end up with unless you really load it down, like here where its darn close to level.

i've always been a big fan of your set up, simple and does the trick and maintains aesthetics.

airlift airbags will do exactly what you want to do. the kit is about 70 bux

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom