Pics & specs of non-Cruiser daily drivers (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
img0016smallde3.jpg

Audi S4 - average about 16mpg with city and highway.

I bought it for the improved mileage over the 80. :D

The S4 is great. It should get better than 16 if you can keep your foot out of it!

1100 Shadow... unless weather doesn't permit:frown:, then the F-1 fiddy.....
cycle2 (Custom).jpg
DSC00997 (Custom).JPG

Bicycle....or my mother-in-laws 87 Dodge Ram50 20mpg, :lol: ZERO power in that beasty.

but this week I just got my Tdub running, so I'im gonna ride the hell out of it.

80MPG average

attachment.php

Bicycle....or my mother-in-laws 87 Dodge Ram50 20mpg, :lol: ZERO power in that beasty.

but this week I just got my Tdub running, so I'im gonna ride the hell out of it.

80MPG average

attachment.php

What the hell is a Tdub? Looks like a dirt track bike? Whatever it is , it's cool as hell! :steer:

i have about 12 hondas. various models. all between 92-95

Wow!!

I thought I was bad - 7 Saabs, 86 - 94's, plus a few other rigs.:doh:

Drove this for a little while, but have since sold it to fund other stupid things.

Overall, very fun car and a blast to drive. I hope to get into something small and sporty again soon. My only complaints; having to rev the hell out of it to get to any good power and it being front wheel drive. P.O. did all the crap to it, but it handled great. Gas mileage for a honda was less then satisfying; i averaged 19-20mpg(premium fuel only) which is probably attributed to driving style.

That's a good looking quaalude. Nice wheels, tastefully done. It's a shame those cars are fwd. When did they stop making (or importing) those ?

:cheers:

I'm into landscape maintenance and this is my main ride :) uses a gallon of fuel about every 3 hours :steer:

Last edited:
Heres my bone stock '67... I drive it every day it isnt storming or 110 degrees...It drives perfect but despite what people think it doesnt get "amazing" gas mileage...VW advertised an "honest 25 mpg" ....thats about right...

MVC-004F-3.jpg

Heres my bone stock '67... I drive it every day it isnt storming or 110 degrees...It drives perfect but despite what people think it doesnt get "amazing" gas mileage...VW advertised an "honest 25 mpg" ....thats about right...

MVC-004F-3.jpg

Cool car. I've always loved the old bugs!

My dd is an 82 2wd toyota truck. That thing gets good mileage and it is pretty quick with the weber carb.

I dont have a cruiser yet, but will shortly.

OLD volvos are great cars. My 242 turbo

IMG_4273.jpg

the slx

IMG_5885.jpg

and my baby
n1004970052_30010062_9260.jpg

Picked this beauty up for $100. 1988 Tercel, 1.5 liter, 5spd, 4wd & averaging 33mpg. The carb was rebuilt, new brakes & tires by PO. I fixed the power steering leak, new alternator, starter & timing belt & tune up. With 195,000 miles on it I figure I've got at least another 100,000 to go it needs anything major done to it :hillbilly:
88 Tercel 002.jpg
88 Tercel 001.jpg

Daily Driver - 2006 Suzuki GSXR-750.

Specs:

750cc inline 4 cylinder, 15,000 rpm redline.
120 rear wheel horsepower
about 450lb fully fueled.
1/4 mile = 10.3sec
Top Speed = a little over 170mph.
Avg mpg = low 40s.

Crappy cell phone shot
042907_12481.jpg

Stock Photo
1GSXR750K6_RedBlack_701B1A-large.jpg

My commuter mule until the snow flies. Hard to beat being faster than any 4 wheeled vehicle on the road AND getting better gas mileage than 95% of them.

:beer:

My DD is a 1997 Saturn SL-1. Auto. Stock. 99K miles.
32 mpg in town. I drive 25 miles each day. Car is a real piece, but I love the mpg. Paid 2K for it back in April.
It's a real magnet:hillbilly:

Saturns are one of the best cars for the $$$.
Be sure to get one of the S series.... SL1 or SL2.
Made up to 2002. Watch out for oil burners. They have a oil ring seal/piston design issue, :whoops: so many of them burn a quart every 500-1000 miles !!
I get 800-1000 miles per qt.
I will buy another one when this one dies in the next 50-100K miles.

Picked this beauty up for $100. 1988 Tercel, 1.5 liter, 5spd, 4wd & averaging 33mpg. The carb was rebuilt, new brakes & tires by PO. I fixed the power steering leak, new alternator, starter & timing belt & tune up. With 195,000 miles on it I figure I've got at least another 100,000 to go it needs anything major done to it :hillbilly:

NICE!!!!!!

Someone get Stinky on the phone, we've got a third for the Tercel Tech Forum. Ya.

Winters here, so I'm driving this. 35mpg, fits my fire gear for overtime shifts and at least 1 doberdog. ;) This is my 2nd one: got an 84 free w/280k on the clock, gave it to my bro cuz it wouldn't pass emissions. Paid $800 for this one, 110k on the clock. This one doesn't have AC though :frown:
honda.jpg

Volvo 240 wagon... They're readily availible for not too much money. As long as they don't rust, they will last forever. Parts are cheap, they're easy to fix, and most of the time they keep running even when they are broken. The 5spd's get about 28mpg and will cruise comfortably at 80. Not to mention that you can fit just about anything in the back of a 240 wagon, and it will tow an FJ40. If you mount a good set of snow tires, they go like stink through the white stuff. (I pulled a wrangler out of a ditch with mine this past winter. The jeep driver definitely left with his tail between his legs) And lastly, although not everyone will agree with me on this, they're just plain cool. Cheap to insure too.

Any *40 Volvo I'd have to agree with. Don't buy anything past 2000 when
I think one of the big 3 destroyed yet another quality car manufacturer. You can pick these bricks up for 2k and usually new brake pads, battery, alternater, water pump, and timing belt and they're just getting broken in at 200k. Visit The Volvo Resource: brickboard.com for the best car forum next to MUD! Also, you can put your:princess: in them knowing she'll be bullet-proof.

heres my DD.

06yz250f-albums-truck-picture5055-a.jpg

Mods:
VMP custom tuning
6" BDS lift
1" AAL
35/12.5/17 BFG AT/KO
17" Eagle Alloy
Super 44 dumped
K&N 63 CAI
15% Tint
UWS Low pro