Pics & specs of non-Cruiser daily drivers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the past 25,000 miles or so I have DD a 1996 Nissan Maxima, price was right=free. I have to say it is a great car! It has tons of power, and it blows away many cars on the road. The only gripe is that it is an auto, but when it is free you can't bitch! It has 105,000 miles on it now, and it is very strong. I can't say enough about how good this car is!

Zack

For the past 25,000 miles or so I have DD a 1996 Nissan Maxima

Those are very good cars, the engine is very reliable and runs forever.

This is my 94 Saturn Coupe. Runs ok, gets 35mpg and only cost $500. Saturn's are great cars if they have been taken care of. this one has about 200K on it and still has a lot of life left in it.
IMG_1627.JPG

For commuting I either use one of these
IMG_0581.jpg

or this. As you can see, the bikes get used more. Gas is not v8 friendly...
medium.jpg

For commuting I either use one of these
IMG_0581.jpg

or this. As you can see, the bikes get used more. Gas is not v8 friendly...
medium.jpg

You live in a beautiful area man! I traveled throughout California monthly for years until I quit my job a few months ago! Also spent a few days in San Luis Obispo on the beach last year at this time. Had to stay out of the water due to sharks! I'd love to ride a bike to work, but I sell kitchen cabinets...kinda tough to haul my samples on a bike!

guessing the 4runner wasn't big enough...so i use this as my daily driver...although 6 Mpg sucks right now. I would have loved a 60 but i needed something that could tow the Crawler:doh:

blazer-1.jpg

It is a really nice area to ride in and just to hang out. Too bad school keeps me inside all day. I have to say for a hispanic I am looking pretty pasty white these days...

I don't have a pic of it, usually my daily driver is an 04 VW Jetta TDI , great mileage (45mpg +). For three years prior to picking up the Jetta and when the weather is bad or the VW is down, the daily driver is/was my tow rig 04.5 Cummins powered Dodge 2500; plenty of power and consistent 18-21 hand-calculated mpg highway.
Dodgesum07#2.jpg

well lets see, my daily right now is a 83 fj60, i just sold my 2006 mustang gt with procharger, hooker long tubes, no cats, ran 11.98 at the track , put down 491rwhp, 431 ft/lbs trq. thens theres my 88 toyota pickup v6 spd that i use to wheel, only oen door(got ripped off this weekend). then i have my 78fj40 that will be on thr road as my daily driver here in a couple days or so. once i gewt my voltage regulator in.
002-1.jpg

IMG_0882.jpg

IMG_0865.jpg

IMG_0826.jpg

IMG_0835.jpg

Yea, i bought it brand new, put 2,000 miles on it , then a the blower, exhaust ,intercooler, cryo nitrious system for the intercooler, fuel pump injectors,new fan all in one big weekend. put 3,000 on after the blower , loved that car, but with a career to look at, and way to many tickets, oh and the 4.20$ 93 octane only really hurt the wallet.ive had at least 16 cars already (am im only 21 :) ) But i guess i have to take off the 88 toyota, as it sold today, which i hate to see go but,this will allow me to put a lift and tires on the 40 , so i cant really cry. but heres a couple more pics of the mustang and of the dented door after a little tweaking to get it back on.
IMG_0827.jpg
IMG_0825.jpg
003-2.jpg

You guys and yer new(er) cars.Dont anyone drive anything old :p

I get 25ish mpg in my DD most the time :D
I pulled it outa the woods near Yosemite in 2000.It had been sitting there since 1978 :D
Its a 2 door 65 Falcon wagon.200 six and three on da tree :grinpimp: I only have about $800 in it total.
toyota_014a.jpg

I bought it to pro street it.But it is all origional other than the paint n shag house carpet and it kinda grew on me.So I left it alone.Its like a little truck when ya fold the back seat down.I have hauled axles in the back before.I hauled two 42" IROKs in the back last weekend
biggrin.gif
And when it needs tires,Pep Boys has sales.4 for $99
grinpimp.gif
I drive it every day now cuz it gets the best milage out of my fleet.And maintenance costs are way low.Just change the oil once or twice a year and yer good to go :hillbilly:

The only time its not so fun to drive is in the summer when its 115
tongue.gif

Nope.Steven pulled it all apart before he uuhhh.....left :D And there it sits.

Its keeping my 55 company :D

Lexus...boring? Not any more!

Lexus are boring, but AMAZING vehicles! I guess boring is ok in a DD when you have a Cruiser!?

Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and disagree with the above statement. I've had this car for about 4 or 5 months and one thing I've never been while driving it is bored. :D

IMG00128.jpg

IMG00130.jpg
IMG00128.jpg
IMG00130.jpg

Very nice!!! Glad to see the IS-F come to reality.

img0016smallde3.jpg

Audi S4 - average about 16mpg with city and highway.

I bought it for the improved mileage over the 80. :D

I am new to this forum and trying to get up my posts so I can add photos. I drive an Isuzu Vehicross and love it more than anything I have offroaded with.....too bad Isuzu is no longer around really.....:crybaby:

honda-Prelude-91-si-ABS.jpg

Best $1200 ive ever spent on a car.. Drives like new with almost 200k, gas millage is 20-22 around town. best driving car ive ever had, and ive always hated hondas, they make kick ass little cars though! :)

I bought my 88 Volvo 740 GL a couple of years back and have been really happy with it. It had 210000 klms when I got it and now has done another 40000 klms .
I bought it off a semi retired university lecturer who owned it from new and it came with a stack of receipts and service books all the way back .
The aircon doesnt work well on the really hot days ,so I take the cruiser .
Im impressed with the brakes ,steering and suspension for its age and it also has all the room I need for my long legs.
The downside is the brittle plastic interior,possibly a by product of the manufacturers efforts to make the car 80% recyclable.
landcruiser pics 011 (Medium).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom