Pics of your racks. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for a rack for the top of my 60. Just picked up a ARB front bumper, now just need to top it off with a rack and I'm ready for summer, Thanks Z

Check out Diamondrax - Roof Racks - Con-ferr Style. We're making racks similar to the old Con-ferr units and we'll have sizes for the 60 series (they'll probably be 54" wide and available in 3, 5 and 7 foot lengths). Right now, we just have the prototype racks for sale on our site, but the "finalized" designs will be available within the month. PM me if you have questions.

Bolivian modified

Here's mine. It holds quite a bit. I added the hooks to facilitate strapping down loads/tarps.

I would like to extend it so I can mount 2 tires right over the front row. Having my spare under the tank sucks. Then I could just put a skid plate back there and be done.
IMG_6351.jpg

Another view

I forgot to add - there are two hooks that I put on the rear spoiler. The spoiler is nice because it blows the dust of the rear windows. There is innertube rubber that lines the cleats where they grab the rain gutter.
IMG_6382.jpg

Check out Diamondrax - Roof Racks - Con-ferr Style. We're making racks similar to the old Con-ferr units and we'll have sizes for the 60 series (they'll probably be 54" wide and available in 3, 5 and 7 foot lengths). Right now, we just have the prototype racks for sale on our site, but the "finalized" designs will be available within the month. PM me if you have questions.

Like the looks of these, have to do some measuring and see what size will work best. What are the pros and cons to full or 3/4 racks ?

I like to take mine off for the 325 days a year when I'm not on some sort of safari. I have the Yakima system with permanent q tower mounts which allows me to run the full rack, just the crossbars, or nothing at all--in about 2 minutes.

I drilled the mounts into the curvy part of the roof so even though there are only two per side, they're extremely strong. The rack itself isn't as big or strong as some, but it's the right rack for my needs.

026.jpg

Caserique, what year is your 60 ? Its a twin to mine, love the color. Nice rack as well.

Front bumper mish mash photo - I didn't build it, but it works. All I've done is cut holes in the mosquito net for the headlights to shine a bit better and ad the 5" lights.
IMG_6373.jpg

Mine, with the OEM rear visor... ;)

Roof Rack 002.jpg
Roof Rack 005b.jpg

Last edited:
Zang469 and Caserique, I agree on the color... one of the beat IMHO

Heres the rack I made. It holds my highlift, shovel, fishing rod case, chairs and kayak,+++

Doug
Vacation 2 040.jpg
Vacation2B 014.jpg

Last edited:
My two bits worth... keep it low profile!
I built this from a set of aluminum zodiac floorboards and some extrusion for edging, strong (!!) flat, and doubles as a super safari roof (so cool in the sun, the dog loves it).
huntley.jpg

Doug 720, I saw yours a while back and was like "Whoa, somewhere out there is a guy with the exact same taste as me!"

It's an '83 Zang. It was brown when I bought it but I wanted it to look good and last so I went had all the rust fixed and did a 2004 or 2005 Volvo Titanium grey. That dark brown is one ugly color--I probably would have gone with an original repaint had it been any other color.

Huge con - ferr

It's vintage I can carry everything including the kitchen sink!:):):):):)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom