Pics of your racks. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Like the looks of these, have to do some measuring and see what size will work best. What are the pros and cons to full or 3/4 racks ?

It really depends on what you plan to be carrying up there. What kind of use will the rack see? How much gear will you have based on the length/type of trip(s) and how many people?

How heavy is it ??

I dunno. I can move it by myself, but I needed help putting it on top. I think I could do with out the top rail. I am very glad that it is up off the roof though for cleaning purposes. It's been a great addition and I think it may be one of the most useful additions/modifications I've made so far.

This was in my last cruiser and was made of slightly hard aluminium.
DSC03223.jpg

@Roalco - how is the wind noise with that deck up there?

Been thinking about putting a sheet of galvanized underneath mine for that very reason - even a white roof cooks down here in the tropics.

Arb ...

DSC07305.jpg
DSC07305.jpg

Needed some pasties ---

:eek:
Rack.jpg

I've never been conventional.....

Groucho clamps and pressure treated.
Roof rack 1.jpg

stuff_002.sized.jpg

OLD SKOOL Con-ferr 5x7x6in I put a 3/4in plywood floor in it and use it a walk around platform for all kinds of stuff ... pulled it off to put the RTT up there :bounce:

Another Yakima here

All the racks posted here are really cool. Nice representations.
There are tons of options out there like Baja Racks, ARB, FrontRunner, ect. They all have some really nice offerings. I'd love to get my hands on one of the Inti racks, but they are pretty rare now. I'd be happy with any of those actually because I've seen them all up close and they all look nice.
I've been rocking the Yakima setup for the past 15 years and it works for me.
It's totally configurable. I usually run four bars, two baskets, and a Rocket box. I have had to replace all the cross bars at least once because they do rust out after a time. I can climb up on top and stand up there if I need to and get stuff down. I've carried fuel, but not a more than five gallons.
Another big plus is that I can put it on and take it off by my self. That is handy because I do end up removing it occasionally.

FJ62RearLeftbothantennassmall2.jpg

StonyfordCampingaug2009176.jpg

Picture001.jpg

Here's DiamondRax's latest creation for the 60-series:

6172903051_d870faefbc_z.jpg

This rack measures 54" wide by 84" long. This one has 4" sides, but we also build one with 6" tall sides.

6172903231_20b3e40a9c_z.jpg

One side of the rack has a removable panel to allow for the deployment of a rooftop tent (specifically the Mt. Bachelor and Mt. Shasta models from Cascadia Vehicle Tents and many other brands with the same closed footprint).

6173430742_ff307ce6da_z.jpg

Our rack is designed so that the rooftop tent mounts directly to two of our crossbars. The rack attaches to the rain gutter with our exclusive "Bulldog 2.0" heavy duty rain gutter clamps (with our "Shorty" upper brackets to keep the rack close to the roof cap of the truck). This customer chose to use our optional "Triple Dog" rain gutter supports as well.

6173430422_d55c5f7708_z.jpg

This rack has 5 crossbars and can, therefore, use up to 10 rain gutter clamps. This customer has chosen to use 6 until he mounts his rooftop tent....then he'll add the other 4.

The customer doesn't have the tent yet, but I'll post more pics when he has it mounted....

That removeable section is a nifty idea!! Nice work DiamondRax!!:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom