Pics of your LC with 285 75 16 tires on stock suspension (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello guys , I know there is a ton of threads that are saying that 285 75 16 size tire will fit on a stock 100 series LC. But I went to order my BFG KO2,s and I was told by a tire expert that they will not fit. So here I am back trying to dig more info. I have a 02 LC that I would like to put BFG KO2s on in 285 75 16. I have a 100% stock suspension . If you are running this size tire on your LC would you be so kind to post a picture: thanks

Here’s mine. Excuse the dirt.

E7B688C9-26AE-4093-8093-C0D51F509B8F.jpeg

A4454984-38F2-4C95-961C-24D3B8518BAA.jpeg

Thank you very very much !

Thanks again, for posting info and pics !

Fits fine, no rubbing at all

Last edited:
Is that a Stock height? Looks great

Thanks. This may be in high mode with the AHC I can't remember, but even in neutral height they are perfectly fine.

How much further does your front end sit than the rear. I hate the "rake" look and not sure if theres a solution with the AHC system as to LCs you can just crank the bars up front

How much further does your front end sit than the rear. I hate the "rake" look and not sure if theres a solution with the AHC system as to LCs you can just crank the bars up front

its def close to a couple inches different if I had to guess. You can adjust the AHC height in the front I've read on here, but I haven't done it yet because I don't have a way to check the AHC pressures yet (which you then adjust in to spec with the torsion bars)

Since your tire 'expert' likely doesn't own a 100 series and hundreds of folks here DO....I would trust the advise of the forum members.

I have 285/75/16's on mine, they fit fine, they come no where near rubbing. It is however just about the largest tire you can fit underneath the vehicle in the stock spare tire location.

AHC1.jpg

AHC2.jpg

AHC3.jpg

Both stock LX470’s with AHC and both have 285/75/16’s. White one has KO2’s, the other has Patagonia M/T’s. No rubbing on either. Find a new tire dealer or buy online and have an independent shop put them on. A lot of shops have the equipment to install them now.

12594857-7B3E-4573-9A99-1D514A6F7F19.jpeg

18550784-C831-4F63-9DD0-ED88884CC904.jpeg

I’m running 285/75/16 I cranked my torsion bars along with 865 springs in the back but no rubbing has occurred. I’m considering either keeping the 16inch rims and going to a 295 size or going to a 18inch Land Cruiser rim and going bigger tire. If anyone on here has experience with that setup send me a message so I can keep this thread to its intended question.

Slee recommended and I installed a 2.5 inch front and 1.5 inch heavy rear lift. Front has arb bumper and rear pulls an airstream. I was able to dial the torsion bars right in no rake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom