Pics of your FJ60 Sliders (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lcolon

SILVER Star
Threads
I finally got my cruzer back from Gary at Mudrack...

1. Rebuilt Smog Pump that had grenaded
2. Ome Lift :bounce:
3. 4.11 Gears (thank you lagwagon for selling me the diffs)

I plan on going to 33" tires but am still running the stock 235/75R15 tires. The vehicle is pretty high now and once I buy the tires it would probably be a good thing to have a step to help get up into the vehicle... hence the sliders.

What do you guys think are the best for this situation? I can't find any pics of a '60 running the ARB sliders which look to have a nice grip on them. Is anyone else running these or some of the other products from Slee for example? I am not a rock crawler so am less concerned about being able to put full vehicle weight on them. I do enjoy the many western desert trails so I want to keep my ground clearance but make it easier to get in.

I searched but.... couldn't find what I was looking for.

Thank you for all your help in advance!!!

have you tried doing a search for "sliders" in this section? Three words in from the right, midway down my screen.

Or google SROR. That's where mine will come from.

click the "ROTW" link in my thread towards the last pages it shows my truck with the sliders on.

the link to the sliders is on page 2 and post #51

Last edited:
Here's a picture of my bolt on sliders from 4x4 labs in grassvalley. They don't have a purposeful step on them, but Luke can probably work with you on something.
rear bumper 06.JPG

Click on the 82 in my sig and you can see my ARB sliders I added slot of tube to
em to make em real sliders... Also in the 85 there are pics of my rocker chop and sliders ... I out of town on my phone so links are hard to post but I ll try later

Texas4x4.org Member Galleries :: Kling-on's slider bracing

here a link to my slider braces even after this their only so so sliders stock the do nothing to help other then a step or brush... That's why ARB usedto callem brush bars

Also since they're at door level they don't realy help much to step up I'm going to add a removable step after my SOA so is easyer to get in daytoday but I can remove it to go wheelin

stuff_001.sized.jpg

Last edited:
damn Trapper that is an awesome family christmas picture!!!

here are mine- Arb side steps with the fender bar cut and turned
HPIM0460.jpg

requesting new thread: wicked rear bumper

Here's a picture of my bolt on sliders from 4x4 labs in grassvalley. They don't have a purposeful step on them, but Luke can probably work with you on something.

wowsa. more data about bumper please.

As mentioned before, Jim (SROR) does some good work. Here is a link to his slider page: SLIDERS

I have his sliders and bumper, and have tested both extensively by now. I did put some skateboard tape over the top of the bars for grip.

Ex

And a pic of my sliders
small moab (247).jpg
small moab (251).jpg

Last edited:
weld on 4xinnovations
i had someone fab up the post
sliders 015.jpg

wowsa. more data about bumper please.

4x4 labs also did his rear bumper.

As for tubed sliders, you can always make them grippy by going down to your local skateboard shop and buying some deck grip. Cut to size, where you want grip, and apply. The only bad thing is it is like putting sand paper on your sliders so only put where you will be stepping. But it is a wicked cheap fix.

P1010048.jpg

PO built these from 1x5 stock with 3/16 diamond plate on top and welded back to frame on bottom. I get even more comments on the sliders than the color scheme!
P1010048.jpg

Thank you for all of the pictures.... Now I have LOTS of options on how to spend my $$$.

I kind of like the look of smkymntn's ARB sliders and pjfairchild's custom diamond plate. They look to have pretty good traction for the feet but are also functional.

2mbb is that a 4x4 labs rear bumper as well?

Skateboard grip tape is a great idea... If I end up tubular, that is what I am going to do.

Thank you for all of the pictures.... Now I have LOTS of options on how to spend my $$$.

I kind of like the look of smkymntn's ARB sliders and pjfairchild's custom diamond plate. They look to have pretty good traction for the feet but are also functional.

2mbb is that a 4x4 labs rear bumper as well?

Skateboard grip tape is a great idea... If I end up tubular, that is what I am going to do.

The new ARB side steps have no fender bar and a alum step plate shot me a PM and I can get you club price on em from work if you want

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom