Pics of your 60 pulling a Camper + Campin pics here!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

WSOPgold2012

MoxieMan
SILVER Star
Threads
So, i'm gnna get a pull behind camper and hit the road once my rig is outta the Shop(s) :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Guessing by September ish. I'm leaning towrds these Hybrid expandables for several reasons not the least being lighter weight. Somethin like the pic below. (aprox weight 3100lbs) Id love to see what ya'll pullin!!!! Thanks!!

1643344040239.png

Last edited:
I can't imagine pulling a trailer that big with my 62. I even hated towing a ~3300lb trailer with my V8 4Runner.

-Rob
Jeepers...cant imagine 3300lbs beung an issue for a V8....sure hopin not.

Jeepers...cant imagine 3300lbs beung an issue for a V8....sure hopin not.

It's not so much the power, but the suspension, brakes and handling.

-Rob

Not a camper specifically but a trailer of some kind. I couldn't imagine pulling anything more than this little trailer with mine. That's with the stock everything. Maybe with a V8 transplant it might work. But this little trailer is about all she can do with the stock setup.

IMG_6846.jpg
IMG_6855.jpg
IMG_6856.jpg
IMG_6866.jpg
IMG_6867.jpg

so clean! tell me more about your antenna setup on the fender.

Thanks. Its just the Wagon gear CB antenna mount. I have the mounting bits from WagonGear and then a splitter box for getting the radio and CB signals to where they need to be. Both the FM and CB signals come in over the single antenna:

Works well for me. HTH.

Mine is on order and should be here in April. The one in the video is setup close to the way mine will turn out. I am adding an Ironman awning with room enclosure, a Yakima road shower, hot water heater, and probably a diesel heater for cold nights.

Not a camper specifically but a trailer of some kind. I couldn't imagine pulling anything more than this little trailer with mine. That's with the stock everything. Maybe with a V8 transplant it might work. But this little trailer is about all she can do with the stock setup.

View attachment 2908406View attachment 2908407View attachment 2908408View attachment 2908409View attachment 2908410
i've looked at many set ups like this and a RTT on a pull behind. Even looked at lotta motorcycle trailer/campers and wld prlly go that route if I did. Cheap + light ect... but figured since im doing the V8 transplant and Axel/Coil conversion...might as well be a lil more comfy lol. NIce rig!!

Mine is on order and should be here in April. The one in the video is setup close to the way mine will turn out. I am adding an Ironman awning with room enclosure, a Yakima road shower, hot water heater, and probably a diesel heater for cold nights.

Thats rather bad ass!! Looked at alotta those...but man...they aint cheap at all.

Maybe slow and especially uphill switch on warning lights but gets us trough mountains and once 23% steep where we got a ticket for illegal driving with a trailer.

file.php

234e74977696d9fe66b85953a16e90f2.jpg

file.php

file.php

Thats rather bad ass!! Looked at alotta those...but man...they aint cheap at all.
I was thinking of building my own but between having the time and wanting something I wasn't constantly having to worry about leakage I decided to buy one. $11,000 is alot but when your wife is onboard and wants it too how can you go wrong! Runaway is probably the cheapest on the market, and made pretty well. 2021 is the 1st year of a fully composite construction, no wood to rot. Plus it comes with timbren suspension and electric brakes included in the base price.

is 2000lbs about the most you'd pull with your stock rig
We might be closer to 2,200 fully loaded. I do have a v8 swap so there is plenty of power and the the OME heavy rear suspension also helps. I almost didn’t order the trailer with brakes but sure am glad I did as that makes a big difference. That is probably the biggest limiting factor

We might be closer to 2,200 fully loaded. I do have a v8 swap so there is plenty of power and the the OME heavy rear suspension also helps. I almost didn’t order the trailer with brakes but sure am glad I did as that makes a big difference. That is probably the biggest limiting factor
gotchya. MInd explaining how the brakes work...i dnt really get that. Are the trailer brakes somehow hooked up to your rigs brakes so your rig + trailer brake at same time?

gotchya. MInd explaining how the brakes work...i dnt really get that. Are the trailer brakes somehow hooked up to your rigs brakes so your rig + trailer brake at same time?
Not trying to hijack, I know the electric breaks require a controller that you set the sensitivity in the cab. It then wires to the trailer along with the lights to engage the brakes. The amount of braking sent to the trailer is based on inertia. You can also engage just the trailer brakes using the controller. They also make Bluetooth brake controllers you control with an app on your phone. This elevates the need for a controller in the cab.

As Limu said, it’s a wiring addition to the truck. These old trucks aren’t ‘ready’ for a brake controller like a new truck would be so it’s a bit more involved. But the gist of it is the trailer has brakes on it. The truck has a controller. When you plug in a 7-pin connector vs a standard flat 4 for the trailer lights it allows the controller in the truck to apply the trailer brakes. The pressure can be controlled with the turn of a knob and the brakes will apply when you press on the brake.

I installed a RedArc Tow Pro. It’s nice because it’s small and hidden behind the dash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom