Pics of Trail Tailor sliders installed on an AHC truck? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm going to be putting on mine today, and wondered if anyone had pictures of how and where they mount on the frame around the AHC lines that I could use for guidance? TIA. I will keep things updated here with pics from my experience.

I run a different brand but when you install, double and triple check so you don't crush any hard lines.

Thank you for the advice, that is definitely what I'm trying to avoid.

I have them installed. But you caught me at a bad time I won’t be able to take photos for another couple hours. I do remember that it wasn’t overly difficult to keep track of the AHC lines.

Cheers,
rj

I found a couple photos and an email thread that jogged my memory. There is one interference spot on the side with only two posts. Both of the rear legs have interference with the globe/accumulator thing and the metal AHC lines. I’ve attached a photo of the approximate location. I can get another photo tonight of it actually installed but I remember you just had to slightly bend the line and I think I put a couple extra washers under that accumulator or globe or whatever that thing and slightly notch out the metal cover over the globe/accumulator and the leg post slides right under it.

8A0FA0B8-B9BF-48FA-B144-5245F649330F.jpeg

06FD68CD-B69B-4AD7-A1BB-363821745FA9.jpeg

Apologies for any inconsistencies here I’m trying to do this from my phone.

Cheers,
rj

Last edited:
How'd this go? I took some installed pics if you still need them.

rj

Hi @rjones

I was trying to install them in front of my friends house halfway through a trip. No lift and only one jack, and I quickly decided the risk of cutting a line was too great and would have ruined my trip far from home. Just made it home and will be installing this weekend or next.

The pics you've put up are super helpful, thank you! And since I haven't done it yet I'd appreciate any others you have.

Sure, here are some more.

Basically the passenger side 2 front legs and the drivers side 1 front leg go in without any bending drama, only mods are in the rear legs areas. Pictures below with a quick description.

1.jpg

Photo above is behind the Drivers Side Rear Leg (Rear of car right side photo)

2.jpg

Photo above is front of Drivers Side Rear Leg (Rear of car right side photo) If I recall correctly I had to make that little notch in that black cover interfering with the leg.

3.jpg

Photo above is behind Passenger Side Rear Leg (Rear of car Left side of photo)

4.jpg

Photo above is front of Passenger Side Rear Leg (again, Rear of car Left side of photo)

Hope this helps. Feel free to request more if necessary. Good choice on the sliders BTW, they've been great!

Cheers,
rjones

Last edited:
That
Sure, here are some more.

Basically the passenger side 2 front legs and the drivers side 1 front leg go in without any bending drama, only mods are in the rear legs areas. Pictures below with a quick description.

View attachment 2667375

Photo above is behind the Drivers Side Rear Leg (Rear of car right side photo)

View attachment 2667376

Photo above is front of Drivers Side Rear Leg (Rear of car right side photo) If I recall correctly I had to make that little notch in that black cover interfering with the leg.

View attachment 2667378

Photo above is behind Passenger Side Rear Leg (Rear of car Left side of photo)

View attachment 2667382

Photo above is front of Passenger Side Rear Leg (again, Rear of car Left side of photo)

Hope this helps. Feel free to request more if necessary. Good choice on the sliders BTW, they've been great!

Cheers,
rjones
These are great rjones! They really do help, thank you. I still haven't tackled them, life's kind of gotten in the way, but you've pretty much answered all the questions I had when I was looking at where they should go.

When I installed my @TRAIL TAILOR sliders I did my AHC line rerouting a little different.

PXL_20210516_182220347.jpg

I reused the line holder. I moved it to the bolt where the shield/guard attaches. I also cut the shield, I was careful to be sure the line makes no contact with any other metal parts.

Last edited:
I did the same thing on the other side.
PXL_20210516_193606523.jpg

PXL_20210516_193643977.jpg

There are lines at the front mount inside the frame that need to have some clearance created between them and the U-bolt. I shimmed the fluid line mounts, bent the line a little to be sure it wasn't touching and added some rubber hose for extra assurance there would no contact.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom