Pics of the beater 80... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
well not so great shots but you get the idea...

Its an 91 fj80 with a blown tranny soon to become a H55F...

I am in the process of removing useless body parts and bumpers. It will be painted poo brown since I can't do anything normal.

Things I need a little help with since this is my first time dealing with anything but a 2f...

While I was there picking it up the P.O. Put the battery in back wards and smoked some wires :mad: , Even my girlfriend said what a dumbass.

What fuses would be tripped since the P.O. did that?

Any tips on tuning it up would be cool unless its been posted about a GaZillion times before...I am going to be doing a tune up.. plugs, wires, cap, rotor, filters, vac hoses, adj. valves... If there is a link about cleaning the throttle body it would help me out a ton...

thanks for the help...I will keep you guys posted with the progress..

-Al :beer:
Alhaley3.jpg
Alhaley5.jpg

Dude, I can appreciate the daring to be different angle, but POO brown?

Looks like a great finish is hiding under there, just my $.02.

You will be amazed at how well that thing will clean up, just look at my 60 pics when I first got it home......

Congrats on the new ride, sounds like you will have your hands plenty full doing the mods for the tranny and such.

Yeah my 60 was brown and I really love it and miss it....But there is a long Story behind Velveeta Wag and I just can't change it back to that stock brown...that and all my friends and fellow cruiserheads would shun me.

Do whatever you want to do Al.

Welcome to 80 land.

Al,

I don't know if Toyota protected the ECU from the reverse polarity by hooking up the battery backwards. He may have damaged the ECU if it is not protected. I would look for some in-line fuses that hopefully would protect against PO dumbasses. :doh:

Look for burned/damaged wires. Fix 'em if you find any. Put a good battery in it and see if it starts. My 80 is a '97 and my FSM may not apply to your engine. Keep us posted.

Glad I got to see some pics of it while it stil has straight sheet metal. :D

It sure does.... :)

I thought you sold that hunk o turds?

Capt. Jim...

the motor turns over but it just doesnt start...straight sheet metal? I dont know there was such a thing :D

You probably blew the EFI fuse or the relay. The fuse is an easy fix 15amp fuse, the EFI fuse is in the little black box on the driver's side by the windshield washer conatiner. I wish that was the problem for mine. Also, if you need to replace the relay, remember to take off the negative terminal, I went through 4 fuses the other since I kept forgetting to take it off :doh:

the black box EFI fuse...is it easy to pick up? (auto parts store wise)

nice, look forward to hearing about the 5 speed.

good year too

now get rid of the running boards and roof rack already :rolleyes:

lowtideride said:
the black box EFI fuse...is it easy to pick up? (auto parts store wise)

The black box is the fuse box inside the engine bay. Pull the top off, and check the fuse which is maked EFI. It's a 15 amp fuse which is a cheap fix, you should see a loop of metal connecting when you look at the center, if you see it burned/broken replace it it's prolly that. The EFI fuse is the round silver thing in the top left corner. It's all marked on the top of the cover for the fuse box. And yes the fuses are cheap.

ahhh I thought you were talking about the whole box....my bad :) yulp i know fuses are cheap :)

So, I am getting no spark from the coil wire...I checked out the EFI fuse, I think. I think the PO did somthing a little different with it?

here is a shot of what I found... also it does not look like the throttle cable is hooked up right.

any help on why there is no spark from the coil wire would be a big help...do you guys think when the P.O. hooked up the battery wrong that it blew the coil?
EFI.jpg
efi2.jpg

Nice box! (Sorry, a little padding to get my "lifer" status tonight)

I heard a clicking noise coming from the black efi fuse...if that means anything.

Dude, i love that wrap around the intake. Almost as cool as mine. :D
Picture 044 (Small).jpg

Haha, you guys are no help :D

Nice set up Conc :flipoff2: at least your are not using masking tape... :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom