Pics of the 2F coming out!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
well, i got a free weekend and got her out today, wow what alot of work but worth it!

pullmotor2.jpg

pullmotor3.jpg

pullmotor1.jpg

pullmotor4.jpg

loaded up ready for the ride to my friends shop, where im rebuilding it.

pullmotor6.jpg

and my Tcase saver, wonder if its working?

pullmotor5.jpg

Last edited:
no hard at all, i took the tranny and case off before i pulled the motor, but getting it all back in will be another question!

Why does it need rebuilt? Was it the result of using the Fram oil filter? :doh:

broke the rings in the 1,4, and 6th cylinder, burning oil like a no other. whats wrong with the fram?

the motor only had 17,000 miles since the rebuild in 2003, wimberly(sp?) 4X4 did a s***y job. PO droped 6K to have it done, and got ripped off. im going to put a MAF RV cam and some other tricks to pull more power, i cant wait to have it done!

Wow, 6k for 17,000 miles :frown: Can you get or do you have receipts from the PO? Maybe you could get some of the money back. Fram filters are just not as high quality as Wix or OEM, I was just being a smart a$$ ;)

Where did you get the tcase saver? What exactly does it do?

Dianna said:
Wow, 6k for 17,000 miles :frown: Can you get or do you have receipts from the PO? Maybe you could get some of the money back. Fram filters are just not as high quality as Wix or OEM, I was just being a smart a$$ ;)

Where did you get the tcase saver? What exactly does it do?

ya i have the receipt, but i dont even want to dial the number!

haha i could tell,

i made the tcase save, One of the weakest links in a 1980 down Land Cruiser is the transfer case. The metallurgical process used to make the transfer case was not desgined to handle the years and increase power that many of the upgrades that people do. i have not cracked this one yet.

Good luck in your rebuild Grady. There is a whole lot of info on oil filters on the site and Fram are poor quality and a lot of us won't run them. Whole lot of studies on it. There is even a thread with filters cut open to show the differences. OEM Toyota, NAPA Gold, K&N, WIX are a few of the good ones, but I would do a search.

Romer said:
Good luck in your rebuild Grady. There is a whole lot of info on oil filters on the site and Fram are poor quality and a lot of us won't run them. Whole lot of studies on it. There is even a thread with filters cut open to show the differences. OEM Toyota, NAPA Gold, K&N, WIX are a few of the good ones, but I would do a search.

thanks, ill look into the oil filters, and ill post more pics of the rebuild and it going back in.

YODA 88 62 said:
wimberly, enough said.

haha, i just saw that! :flipoff2: wimberly

man thats soo cool, i bet your friken excited!!! i just bought a shop crane so i can mine back in this weekend!! again Good luck bro

HawkDriver said:
So where's the NOS system? ;)

Looks like a bunch of work. Hope ya had fun wit it. Keep posted on the rebuild.

im going to do a 250HP shot into the carb

JK

74fj40 said:
man thats soo cool, i bet your friken excited!!! i just bought a shop crane so i can mine back in this weekend!! again Good luck bro

thanks man,

ill def keep you guys up to date!

Looking good Grady, hopefully you will be ready for Matagordaville soon :beer:

I bought my 40 from Wimberly and got lucky from what I hear about them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom