pics of sliders (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.myspace.com
I got a good start on my sliders today. I got the passenger side bolted on and tacked together. Here are some pics. They are going to be coming back off now, a friend of mine is going to weld them up at work. When he's done I'm going to grind down all the welds nice and smooth then he's going to take them back to work and powdercoat them for me.
chad's sliders 104.jpg
chad's sliders 101.jpg
chad's sliders 103.jpg

dont mean to bust your chops, but how you gonna slide on the outer part of those?

other than that, nice job :D

His slidin' is going to be on the inner beam. The outter is for rock rubbin'

Chad,
We're going to test them out right? :bounce:

Badlands in Dec or Slade in Nov.

My camera batteries died so I can't post anymore pics at the moment, but I made some changes and may change again. 2bad got me thinking. The step outrigers are no longer the low point of the step. I'm not sure I like how low the step is I think I may raise it or do away with it. Jim I deffinately plan on trying them at least in December maybe in November if I can afford the trip.

Ok I found enough batteries to get some more pics. I am going to put some plate steel on top once my friend welds them up for me. Still not sure I like how low the step is. I'm afriad they might get in the way, it is above the bottom of the slide rail but only by an inch or less.

Yes, I know my garage is a complete mess and way to small. It dosen't help that the wife keeps cramming more baby stuff in it.
chad's sliders 005.jpg
chad's sliders 006.jpg
chad's sliders 007.jpg

2badfjs said:
there you go.....
much better... :D

Indeed, much much better!

Ok one more try these things are driving me nuts. I think this design will work. This picture is terrible, I went down to the gas station and bought a pack of batteries and they were dead. The bars for the step come up at a 45 and attach to the side of the step. I don't think anything can catch now.
chad's sliders 2.jpg

Last edited:
Also dont mean to hack, but if that picture is looking correct there is no need for a step that close to the bottom of the door frame. I do like the 45 degree trick though.

Keep tinkering till your satisfied then say piss on us :D

I don't think it is going to be so much of a step as it is going to be protection on the side of the rocker.

Maybe this time I will be happy with what I have gotten done. I knocked the step off again, it was just to close to the body and to high. Instead of coming off the slide bar at a 45 I changed it to 30 and made it a bit shorter. Now I just have to get out to freinds with a plasma cutter and go from there. I also decided that sleeveing the bolts through the frame would be my best bet.
slider 3 102.jpg
slider 3 103.jpg
slider 3 101.jpg

How much do the nerf bars stick out past the door? If you dropped a plumb bob from the fattest part of the door, where woud it fall? In my case, they fall inside of my nerf bars. I made them stick out quite a bit for better tree protection. Just some things to think about.

alia176 said:
How much do the nerf bars stick out past the door? If you dropped a plumb bob from the fattest part of the door, where woud it fall? In my case, they fall inside of my nerf bars. I made them stick out quite a bit for better tree protection. Just some things to think about.

They are almost even with the black rubber trim strip maybe out a 1/4 of an inch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom