Pics of proper vac line / those not in FSM? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

vtcruiser60

SILVER Star
Threads
Pics needed of proper vac line / those not in FSM?

Hi folks,

I am looking for the proper routing of several vac lines and hope you have some pictures to help. This is a good thread as the following pictures do not appear in the FSM or emissions manual according to my read.

1. The AC idle up diaphram

2. The vacuum switching valve, to the left of the HAC device.

3. A vacuum switch (maybe) to adjacent to the carb cooling fan, closest to the front. Mine is mounted to the

4. Proper routing of vacuum lines emanating from the intake manifold, the ports within 3-4 inches of the temperature sensor mounted in the head.

Pics.....:)

Last edited:
a couple of photos would sure help me make progress this weekend. Anyone?

you have pm

i've got a couple i'll post when i get home - my hoses are orange which mkes them easy to see. they also make the truck go faster. i also have pdf's of the emissions manual with the routing. nice to zoom/print out.

vt --

From your first post it looks like all 4 points refer to the a/c idle up circuit. You're right, they're not in the Emissions FSM, but rather the Chassis and Body manual under A/C. In the link above there is a photo of Landpimp's vacuum routing on his green 40. It should show the hose placement for the a/c. Make sure you don't get the two hoses swapped as it will not work correctly. The funky looking port with fins coming out of the manifold closest to the firewall is for the brake booster and the horizontal vac line coming out of the VSV right next to the headlight bottle washer on the driver's fender. The other (vertical) end goes to the a/c idle up diaphragm/plunger on the carb. Hope this helps a little.

my AC idle up is not really correct, my 40 has no AC and the AC idle up is used for a elec hand trottle. All the other hoses are correct however.

chitown40 said:
vt --

From your first post it looks like all 4 points refer to the a/c idle up circuit. You're right, they're not in the Emissions FSM, but rather the Chassis and Body manual under A/C. In the link above there is a photo of Landpimp's vacuum routing on his green 40. It should show the hose placement for the a/c. Make sure you don't get the two hoses swapped as it will not work correctly. The funky looking port with fins coming out of the manifold closest to the firewall is for the brake booster and the horizontal vac line coming out of the VSV right next to the headlight bottle washer on the driver's fender. The other (vertical) end goes to the a/c idle up diaphragm/plunger on the carb. Hope this helps a little.

Landpimp said:
my AC idle up is not really correct, my 40 has no AC and the AC idle up is used for a elec hand trottle. All the other hoses are correct however.

Yeah, I meant the diagram on the fender well. Thats pretty much a standard one for U.S. 60 series.

WAVEPIMP said:
Where can I score the colored vaccuum line? That would make it real nice and easy to follow some of this stuff out after I redo all of mine.

go to mcmaster-carr.com and order the following, if you don't do the OEM version:

"Just search for 5041K52 or 5041K54...which are the numbers for the firm 3 and 6 mm respectively. Then you select the color you want...and the part numbers change slightly, but that will get you started. Since I ordered red, I ordered 35 feet total of 5041k22 and 10 of 5041K24. That should take care of you."

i ordered about 36' of the small and 12' of the larger. i had extras left over and it was about $40 total.

mind, the hose won't be quite so brilliantly red as in my photos, it's more of a burnt orange type color. it still looks cool though.

good luck.

they fit just fine and had thick enough walls to not crease when bending all around things. i'm really not sure of the actual benefit of OEM other than it just being OEM. the silicon hose is high quality and resistant to temps.

sorry

sooo sorry i forgot about you. here are those pics. sorry they are a little pixelated. i took them on the mega huge setting and had downsize them immensely. if you want i can email you the orignals. man you can get to a spec of dust crystal clear with those.
hope im not to late or maybe i do so that youre done and this mess is a memory for you
vacuum one.jpg
vaccuum 2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom