Pics of my new LX (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
She sure cleaned up nicely, it was a disaster area inside before I had it detailed today.... Birds had built nests in it, for cryin out loud!

Now that the inside has been deloused and the outside is presentable, I'll spend the majority of this weekend cleaning up the engine compartment and tracing out leaks, compiling parts lists for repairs, and HOPEFULLY make some progress on ridding my dashboard of the Airbag, Brake, and new as of today... Check Engine Light.

Those are all I got before the battery died. Sorry about the quality, my camera has been through alot :doh:

There are a few more in the album on my profile.

the-abbot-albums-my-96-lx450-picture7366-leaky-valve-cover.jpg

the-abbot-albums-my-96-lx450-picture7368-bad-shot-pulleys-belts.jpg

the-abbot-albums-my-96-lx450-picture7369-engine-compartment.jpg

the-abbot-albums-my-96-lx450-picture7370-all-clean.jpg

the-abbot-albums-my-96-lx450-picture7371-daddys-lil-money-pit-3.jpg

the-abbot-albums-my-96-lx450-picture7372-hit-back.jpg

the-abbot-albums-my-96-lx450-picture7373-passenger-side.jpg

the-abbot-albums-my-96-lx450-picture7374-now-doesnt-have-cooties.jpg

the-abbot-albums-my-96-lx450-picture7375-clean-er-seats-still-have-go-them-again.jpg

the-abbot-albums-my-96-lx450-picture7377-another-angle.jpg

the-abbot-albums-my-96-lx450-picture7378-silky-smooth.jpg

the-abbot-albums-my-96-lx450-picture7379-ouch.jpg

the-abbot-albums-my-96-lx450-picture7380-only-other-blemish-besides-bumper.jpg

the-abbot-albums-my-96-lx450-picture7381-about-take-ride-into-sky.jpg

the-abbot-albums-my-96-lx450-picture7382-skylift.jpg

the-abbot-albums-my-96-lx450-picture7383-underside-nastiness.jpg

the-abbot-albums-my-96-lx450-picture7384-engine-meets-tranny.jpg

the-abbot-albums-my-96-lx450-picture7385-city-slicker.jpg

Welcome!!! as usual :flipoff2::D Looks pretty clean and nice.

Wow, that engine is going to need a lot of soap and scrubbing! Looks like you're missing a belt (aftermarket at that), and that valve cover gasket could probably be replaced too. The brake light could be slightly low brake fluid or a malfunctioning float sensor in the cap.

Welcome :flipoff2:

Brake fluid level is fine, however the only method I found by using the search feature to test the float sensor is to remove the cap. I'm Assuming the sensor is just a normally closed switch and the float is magnetic, since the float isnt directly wired to anything in the sensor I messed around with the float a bit and still got no results. (The rest is sealed, and I don't want to tear into it just to ohm it out in case the problem lies elsewhere and the sensor is good)

I want to test the switch on the e-brake but the mounting screw is too tight of a fit to even get a stubby screwdriver in there.

Wow, that engine is going to need a lot of soap and scrubbing! Looks like you're missing a belt (aftermarket at that)

Yeah, I found the remnants of the belt when I got it up on the lift. Apparently its been off for a while, what is the purpose of the extra belt, other than having a "backup" in case one fails? I couldn't see anything in particular the missing belt should be pulling.

Yeah, I found the remnants of the belt when I got it up on the lift. Apparently its been off for a while, what is the purpose of the extra belt, other than having a "backup" in case one fails? I couldn't see anything in particular the missing belt should be pulling.

they pull together, on the same circuit. cuts the load down on each individual belt. might as well replace all 3 belts

The belts run as a pair for redundancy and general overkill, which happens to be a common theme on these trucks. As you noticed, if one belt breaks, the truck can still run properly until replacements are available.

To rule out the brake fluid float sensor, unplug the cap (there should be a connector somewhere along the harness). If the light stays off, replace the cap.

looks good...
don't worry about all the little problems, you will get through them one at a time.

mine must have had at least a dozen little things wrong with it when I bought it, including lights, bulbs, leaks and strange noices coming from every angle. I don't know how the PO put up with it all, but maybe thats why I got it so cheap.

the point is, if your like me you will enjoy finding the root of the problems and solving them (with the help of great info here on mud) and its a great way to get to know your truck, if your into that sort of thing.

by the way, I would definately order a new Toyota fan belt to replace that noisy aftermarket notched back one you have.
you won't regret it...:D

Yeah, its the sensor in the cap. Guess I misread the other post and assumed that if you took the cap itself off, the light would go away. Heh.... noobsauce.

Congrats on you new truck!

Congrats....

might take a look at the power steering pump and assy as mine drips in the same place on the front axle, unless that was wiped down for other reasons. Looks good; you should enjoy it.

Congrats on your purchase:flipoff2:. Looks like you got a great deal. When you buy a veh of any kind of that vintage, you have to expect the odd issue and be prepared to spend a bit a cash, but it's all part of the fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom