Pic's of my new 94 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Picked up my 94 FZJ 80 that I bought from Campoj2 on Saturday. Put about 200 miles on it Sat & Sun. The more I drive it the more I love it. :D
Its snowing right now and they are calling for 12" so the wife drove it to work this morning. She usually uses the 4runner on snowy days but she wanted to use the 80 this morning.....I'm guessing she really likes it too. :hmm:

Here is some info on it.
Green 1994 FZJ 80.
LX 450 leather interior
The motor has 95k (235k on the clock) on it with new water pump, plugs, wires, pcv, PHH, belts, headgasket etc.
40th Anniversary Rims
New rear calipers
New rotors on all four corners,
OME suspension.
IPOR skid plate
The axles were recently completely rebuilt by IPOR
CDL switch
Factory Lockers
Along with it he gave me an extra transfercase, FSM, transmission repair manual, and an electrical wiring diagrams manual.

It needs a little work here and there but overall a solid truck, I'm very happy with it.

Toyotas001.jpg

Toyotas002.jpg

Toyotas001-2.jpg

Toyotas005.jpg

Nice rig.

I really think someone is better off buying a rig from a knowledgeable 'Mudder than they are buying a rig they have to guess on the maintenance history. Even though many of us wheel these things, they inevitably are in better mechanical condition than most street-driven mall cruisers. Maybe some trail pinstripes but that can be buffed out.

-B-

Hey thanks Beowulf.

I agree, I looked at (or into) 6 or 7 other cruisers and the owners didn't know squat about them. I asked one guy if his 95 had Diff locks, there was a long pause and then he said "ahh I don't know, what's that". I tried to explain it to him and he said "Oh yeah...its 4wd all the time."

Nice truck! I wish mine was a FJZ!:clap:

sweet Cruiser, what are the future plans?

Congrats!

Nice truck! I wish mine was a FJZ!:clap:

I believe is FZj80 my friend, not FJZ

TrickyToy nice LX, what happened to the rear bumber? trail scar already?

nice 80! Whats up with the '91 hiding in the garage?

Future plans? :hmm:

Front & rear bumpers, winch, sliders, roof rack (maybe RTT), I would like to run 35's but since there are few places to go wheeling around here (I only know of one legal place) I will probably just run a 33" AT tire.

There is some little stuff I need to fix before I do anything.
I already fixed the pass side power seat, put in a new headlight, put the ashtray and bracket back in, horn, a few other small misc interior things, and took the step plate and wings off the 91.
Things I need to do.
Get the lockers working (the CDL switch is not working), drill out the broken bolts in the rear bumper so I can put the step plate and wings on (for now untill I get or make a better bumper), put the tow hitch on so I pull my boat or pop-up, put the air bags in the rear springs, and figure out why I can't program the key fobs.

The low beams are not very bright and when changing the bulbs yesterday I saw that I could make the high beam bulbs fit into the low beam sockets pretty easily, so I might do that as well.

There might be a few other small things I need to work on or that I want to add in the future but I'm pretty busy here (got 4 small kids and 3 of them are sick, just got the wife a new car, buying a kayak tonight, etc) and can't think straight right now.
The cruiser works great the way it is so I'm gonna be doing other things before I can start anything.

Makelo,
I wish it was from the trail....
Campo had a Kaymar bumper on it but took it off and sold it before I bought it. :frown:

murf,
I bought the 91 about a month ago, it cranks over but has no spark. I can't decide what I wanna do with it, here are my choices.
-Keep it for parts
-Part it out
-Sell it as is (2 people are interested in buying it 'as is' already)
-Get it running then sell it
-Get it running then drive it
:meh:

Nice 80!!!

My rear bumper looks just like that, less stuff to hit or get torn off.

Nice looking rig. Is the muffler hanging - or is that just because the bumper is partially dismantled?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom