Pics of my LX450 crash in Springfield, MO -Aug 14, 06 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Also, is there ANYWHERE you an rent a GX or LX while mine is being fixed? My family NEEDS the 3rd row seat, and the best I can find is a 4runner.

Frank

Minivan?

did you drive home or had it towed? I know on some vehicles(4x4's) the airbags would not deploy under 20 or 25mph. Is this the case of the 80's? I need to look in the 100's owners manual and see if i can find out on it.

Ok I looked in the manuals in my 100 and my tacoma and there is no cutoff under a certian speed.

Last edited:
Yikes...same color and I just got Terra Grapplers yesterday...

Seems like a pretty hard hit - is the puddle from your truck?

I was going to post up something similar to what LX_TREME posted...but his bumper's going to be MUCH nicer than the one I'm getting ready to pull off the wife's LX 450.

Sorry to hear about the hit there...I doesn't look like your rig took on too much damage -- anything serious?

Time for an ARB front bumper? :D
That's what I'm putting on the wifes...as soon as I can find the bag of bolts...they're in the garage...somewhere... :doh:

WES1977 said:
did you drive home or had it towed? I know on some vehicles(4x4's) the airbags would not deploy under 20 or 25mph. Is this the case of the 80's? .

We were pretty close to home, so we just drove it. The oil and antifreeze was from the Eclipse, mine was not leaking anything there or at home. As I understand the airbag sensors were both just missed.

Frank :beer:

LX_TREME said:
If you planning to stick with OEM front bumper let me know... I have one it just almost new 99% in good condition and match your paint also, I will sell for cheap price...;) No dent.

Yes, please PM me with price, or call 417.889.RACE

Thanks,

NorCalDoug said:
Sorry to hear about the hit there...I doesn't look like your rig took on too much damage -- anything serious?

It doesn't appear to be damaged all that bad, however it did look like it got into the main frame a bid, and now the hood doesn't line up perfect. And the drivers door rubs just a touch.

Frank,

The airbag sensors don't work the way you imply - they can't be "missed" in an impact. They sense deceleration of the vehicle and they also compare notes with each other during a collision in real time to decide if the passengers would benefit from air bag deployment. In your case, they decided no and probably saved you about $2500.

DougM

going to part it out anytime soon...?

IdahoDoug said:
Frank,

The airbag sensors don't work the way you imply - they can't be "missed" in an impact. They sense deceleration of the vehicle and they also compare notes with each other during a collision in real time to decide if the passengers would benefit from air bag deployment. In your case, they decided no and probably saved you about $2500.

DougM

Doug,

Cool, thanks for the clarification, and I am GLAD we didn't get airbags in the face, not to mention the $2500.

Frank

If that doesn't convince you put a HD bumper (ie ARB) up front... I don't know what will. Glad you are ok.

It looks like your tranny cooler lines got smushed. Make sure those hard lines in the front are ok.

Those Eclipse's are the biggest POS cars on the planet. You truly get what you pay for. She is lucky she wasn't seriously injured as her car is toast.

I wonder how the ARB would hold up in that type of accident.

I've already seen Romer's pics... any others?

Frank,

I've always been amazed at the violence of a deploying airbag, having seen a few of them purposely deployed. They can cause serious injury in and of themselves, and the system that decides when they should go or not attempts to toe the line as to when the risk of that injury is outweighed by the risk of more serious injury by the crash in threshold situations. As speeds/impacts rise, there is progressively less doubt about their protective nature.

They go off with sufficient force to dislodge windshields, break wrists, and the sound is akin to a gunshot in the confined space of a car interior. Serious business. Glad nobody was hurt.

DougM

Yea, I am glad I got an ARB.. People just seem to look a little harder before they pull out in your way. I bet with an ARB you would of had a little dent and a scratch.. Glad no one was hurt real bad...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom