pics. of my bj62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
here is my baby :) ...sitting pretty with 500km on new OME suspension install ( thanks to Cruiser Outfitters ) . All I can say is I wish I did this years ago ! She rides so smoothly now it is unbelievable that it is the same truck...this set-up breathes new life into a tired truck.
I have owned her for 6 years and it has been a love hate relationship , more love though .
In the last 4 months I have redone the body buy removing and replacing all rust with new metal and repainting her the factory color . Removed the rear diff and rebuilt by John Zwicker at AFAR . Repaired any rust issues on the frame . During OME install both axle assemblies were removed and painted with por 15 . Most of the frame has been also painted with por 15 . Relocated axle breathers up on the firewall . Rebuilt cooling fan clutch :banana: ( big improvment in cooling ) .
Things in progress are to finish turbo manifold and install turbo system . Put on some larger tires and rebuild the knuckles .
:cheers: Daryl

Last edited:
Looks great, well done mate.
I am sure your Dad would have told you" if its got tits or tires its going to cost you heaps of money" .You can enjoy it now. :cheers:

Last edited:
Looks good Daryl:D Is that the original grill?

yes the original grill...but painted with aircraft epoxy propeller paint...should stay on !
Daryl

Thanks

bigbrowndog said:
Looks great, well done mate.
I am sure your Dad would have told you" if its got tits or tires its going to cost you heaps of money" .You can enjoy it now. :cheers:

Yes.... old dad has also got the addiction to vehicles and boats....it is a disease if you ask me !
Tits and tires make the world go around and around. :bounce: :bounce: :beer:
Daryl

I know what you mean, my son got it when 3 or 4 year old ,maybe earlier, has got worse as he gets older. Has spent all his wages on hot cars so far.Has blown up more motors than me so far. Might be genetic? petrolhead gene? rev head gene? who knows,good fun. cheers.

Very nice!

gb

looks great :)

I didn't know there was a BJ62?

There isn't, that's a conversion. Note the US-spec fender vents, which didn't come on any factory diesels.

yes a conversion :D ...28 mpg imp. beats the hell out of the 14 mpg imp. that the 3fe use to get. here is the 3b all cleaned up. :cheers:
Daryl

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom