Pics of Green FJ40s - The BEST color. - show us what you have!! (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

78 in green, 56k low original miles
New Image.jpg

78 in green, 56k low original miles

Wow. One of my favorites. Love the stance. You have a story on it? Where it came from and your build?

Some shots of my green 40 when I picked her up.
bessie3.jpeg
bessie2.jpeg
bessie1.jpeg

1973, original paint... been tempted to repaint, but I don't mind the Arizona patina. (FYI - Roof & doors painted by PO in an "attempt" to match body... close but no cigars).

My 72 in Rustic Green. Here's a question I want opinions on: I am thinking about cleaning up and painting the rims. The original color is very blah, but I can't decide, white or black? Not crazy about chrome. I may put OEM hubcaps on soon. She also has the "Arizona patina" which is fine, but how will it look with painted rims?
DSCN1328_zps1527f6f9.jpg

If you want to paint the original rims paint them the OE color. With hubcaps they look great! If you want white or black get wagon wheels

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD at 85mph in an FJ40

If you want to paint the original rims paint them the OE color. With hubcaps they look great! If you want white or black get wagon wheels

I agree with Subzali. Get some hubcaps and leave the gray wheels -or- go black with more aggressive tires.

My 72 in Rustic Green. Here's a question I want opinions on: I am thinking about cleaning up and painting the rims. The original color is very blah, but I can't decide, white or black?

Personally I think black looks really good with Rustic Green; I have stock black wheels and hubcaps on my Rustic Green 40:

IMG_1055.jpg

DSC4144-XL.jpg

Massey Furguson Grey from Tractor Supply is what I used to paint my original steel wheels.

subzali said:

X2. Fresh grey paint with new hub caps look great. Black and white rims with hub caps looks a bit like you couldn't be bothered looking for matching paint-no offense Lee, I love your rig....except for the plates. Green Cruiser look much better with NM plates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom