pics of cruisers with BDS 2.5 lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
im fix'n to buy the BDS 2.5 in lift and was wondering what it might look like when i get it on. any pics would be appriciated.

BDS lift should be similar to OME and MAF Safari lifts. OME might be jacked up a bit in the rear though. In any case, it'll give you a good idea. The sticky with pics of members rigs has lots of pics of 60's and 62's with 2.5" and 3" lifts.

Not similar to OME at all!!! I put a BDS lift into my HJ60 last fall, and can't believe how much it has already flatened. The springs are perfect for a spring over now, but am dreading seeing it sprung over 6 months from now... I have an OME on my 42, and would suggest not wasting your money on BDS. Spend a little more and get a Belton, and better yet get an OME.
My opinion!
Cheers!

exactly opposite here. i have had BDS for 3 yrs now....and luv em!! my buddy has had problems after problems with his OME. plus mine rides wayyyyy better than his...and he would tell you that. heres a pic of mine...

I've read that OME Heavy Duty is what to go with. That is what I'll put on my rig when I get some dough!!!

:beer:

~3" Shackle:
picsmay04_039.jpg

That is entirely stock with 3" shackles, or with a suspension lift? I want to replace my old springs with an OME lift set, but it inflicts alot of damage (to your wallet.) Shakles and add-a-leaf might win out.

:beer:

Bds 2.5

Here’s a BDS 2.5 lift, I have been very happy. U-bolts were kinda long and have to cut them down, otherwise the ride is great. Although I can only compare to the original stock springs.

3puttcop’s ride……Check it out in sticky

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=40087&page=3

<~3" Shackle:>

is the front completly stock? looks like you still run stock shackles.

There is an uncommon amount of variance between peoples experiences wth BDS. Maybe somebody can confim that up untill about 18 months ago BDS springs were produced by McCoy bros. in Edmonton. After that they have been imported from IRONMAN and manufactured in Malasia. This is not gospel, its just info I gleaned on the internet and around campfires. Might be complete crap.

I'd love to have some data of when those who liked the kits were bought vs when those who aren't satisfied were.

My lift kit is about 3 months old, strait from BDS, and the spring are marked "Made in Canada".

hollow guys. i am a new guy in this forum, am in africa (east africa) tanzania, where u can find mount kilimanjaro. I have a bj60 3b engine four speed mannual transmission and want to install a 1hz engine, is it possible? will I need to re position engine mounting brackets? and what about the bell housing , will it fit? I have been wondering for many days about this, help me please

Hi ngasi, ask the question in the international forum here, you'll get more answers.
J

lowenbrau said:
I'd love to have some data of when those who liked the kits were bought vs when those who aren't satisfied were.

Put BDS on the 60 a little over 2 1/2 years ago. The suspension has at least 40k miles on it, maybe as much as 50k. Initially the rear sat noticeably higher than the front, but has settled to the point where the rear is only slightly higher. This 60 is a DD and almost always has at least 200 lbs riding in the cargo area.

I'm satisfied with the BDS.

I've had my BDS for about 9 months, and I like it. It's still a little higher in the rear, but it's leveled out a lot. The ride isn't as smooth as I would have hoped though. BTW, my springs says made in Canada on them. here's my question- how heavy duty are BDS springs in comparison to say OME heavies? Will they sag much with an ARB on the front? Anyone with experience with that setup?

A) i load the s*** out of my rig on various occasions....NO SAG!
B) i like it sittn higher in back. i pull a lil popup sometimes, and whether i have that on der, or just a s***load of gear, it sits nice and level. if it sat level in 1st place, yur ass would drag ground from all heavy gear...etc. just my 2c, sean

i have had my BDS for about 3 weeks and I am really happy with it. The ride is a little stiff, but hey, if i wanted i cushy ride i'd drive our van.

In the picture (i hope it shows up) it has on 33x12.5. The total lift was about 6 1/2 inches in the back and 5 1/2 - 6 in the front. I agree with hullendersauce, though, i like it higher in the back.

BTW my springs say made in Canada

Brian
resized.jpg
resized2.jpg

BDS W/ 1.5" shackles

I bought the springs used, and I believe they are an older version than whats available from BDS today. From what the PO said combined with my mileage, these should have around 7,000 miles on them.
untitled.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom