pics of Classic Cruisers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If they moved, maybe it was just the office, shop, and new/used parts storage. I can't see them easily moving all of the bodies/frames from the yard. It would take literally forever. I'll give Brandon a call, was thinking of making a trip up there soon.

Wasn't too many years ago FJ40s and parts were worth a fraction of what they are today. Jeeps tops would go for $1K and couldn't sell a FJ40 top for $200.

Some must die so others can live. I bet more rigs have been parted out through this forum than are represented in their yard. It is good to know there are parts available.

Well some probably weren't in too bad of shape at the time they reached the yard 30 years ago in today's view. But 30 years ago when u could get a pristine 40 for 10k, they weren't worth restoring at the time. Classic cruisers is cool to see. Your driving in the middle of nowhere, you come over a rise in the road, then suddenly u see a field of white fiberglass tops in the distance. Fj40s everywhere.

You guys don’t know about the yard in Denver where @nuclearlemon and @treerootCO along with several other members of Rising Sun tried in vain to keep dozens of rigs from going into the crusher when the yard was sold. That was truly a sad day.

And yes, times have definitely changed. I stopped to consider recently that of the few dozen rigs I have personally dismantled over the last three decades, more than half were better than a lot of the projects I see people starting on on this forum these days.

But as @Tank5 said, many other rigs were brought back to life from my organ donors. @cruiserbrett and @tjhaga are two that come to mind.

I believe it is in Ponca Springs, CO - Classic Cruisers

You guys don’t know about the yard in Denver where @nuclearlemon and @treerootCO along with several other members of Rising Sun tried in vain to keep dozens of rigs from going into the crusher when the yard was sold. That was truly a sad day.

I remember that time. It was very sad indeed.

Brandon is having 2Fs rebuilt by Brian at Empire Engines in Albuquerque. He rebuilt the 3FE that's going in my '86 FJ60, and does great work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom