pics of brake booster mounting setups. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Those of you with power brake boosters on your rig, could you please post some pics of your setup and a short description of why and how you mounted it the way you did?
I was planning on just cutting the support brace and bolting it right against the firewall but I've heard of too many people spacing it out to clear the support bracket.
I've tried to envision this, and I can't picture it any other way than "dorky". Unless, one was to make a 4 sided pan, the depth of the support brace, and the height & width of the diameter of the booster with a relief cut to clear the brace. This way, it looked more like a protrusion of the firewall rather than a cobbled up conglomeration of spacers and/or blocks. The finished look would be clean and the support brace wouldn't get cut.
I try not to reinvent the wheel too much. Which is why I've asked to see photos of other's setups before I try to tackle this part of the build.
Also, what are the dimensions of your booster and where did you source it from?

My long distance provider is Black Hills Ammunition.

I just went to take a picture of mine, and my camera's battery died- no spares. So, anyway, I took a piece of 1/2 inch thick mild steel and cut it to the shape of the booster plate or foot that bolts to the firewall and drilled holes in it for the rod and the bolt. Then bolted on a booster master combo I bought from NAPA listed for a 1989 V6 4x4 toyota pick up. With my mini truck front discs and drum for now rear, it stops straight and true and holds great even with my V8 automatic set up. HTH.

Also, you can't even see that there is a spacer, it looks completely stock/normal.

You can see the pictures in my build thread. I cut the rib in mine, spacing it out put it too close to my carb for comfort. I put in a geo metro booster. After looking at now much support is there on the steering column and other side of the firewall I decided that rib was not relevent. Probably was before the inside metal was all put in. My only problem was when I drilled the 4 new holes, 2 of them hit the support on the other side.
dscf5092.jpg

heres mine its a gm booster m/c. it has a ssbs block with built in brake light switch and proportioning valve.
new fj40 022.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom