1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pics anybody of SOR grey seat covers?

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by SR.GRINGO, Aug 24, 2006.

1. SR.GRINGO

SR.GRINGO

I have been reading about seat covers and I have seen the camo version which is a consideration but I would like to see the grey version installed. The other idea I have had is to find some used cloth seats......Here is the description from SOR:

80 Series Front S-O-R Tuff Duck Slip Covers-Grey Tuff Duck fabric-Fits 8/92-1/98 80 Series (with leather interior) front bucket seats-Includes headrest covers-4 piece set (1 driver seat cover, 1 passenger seat cover & 2 headrest covers for the front bucket seats)

2. Silverscout

Silverscout

I just installed a set of GT seat covers and yes, they are awesome. They fit great and are of great quality. In fact I had four of my coworkers in the LX yetruday and they had no idea the seats had covers on them.

Thats my vote.

3. pismojim

pismojim the Dude abides...

I've had them on since 2001. They are great!

The fit is good, the look is good, canvas feels better than leather (less slippery), totally water (and coffee) proof.

Get 'em

(sorry no pictures)

4. casey

casey -=-=-=-=- SILVER Star

I have the gray SORs in my 60 and the fronts have faded very bad (now pinkish gray) after about a year. They are also very hot in the summer because they don't breathe well. If you use a sun visor and don't mind a sweaty backside they're great.

5. casey

casey -=-=-=-=- SILVER Star

just remembered I had a set of unused headrest covers that I could use for comparison. they're faded worse than I thought...
    tuffduckseatcover.jpg

6. SR.GRINGO

SR.GRINGO

I agree the GT covers look good and people rave about these here on mud. When I go the site they only state the years 1995-1997--did the seats change? My cruiser is a 94.

7. SR.GRINGO

SR.GRINGO

Casey,

Thanks for the pic-- unfortunately it is sunny almost everyday here--mine would probably be pink in 3 months! When I was searching for my 80 I was looking for lockers with cloth seats--always knew this was going to be a problem.

8. MoJ

MoJ Moderator

+1 on the swampass with the SOR covers.

9. SR.GRINGO

SR.GRINGO

hmmmmm no me gusta swampass, read the same thing about the wet oakley covers. Does this mean replacing the leather is the only solution? Somebody also mentioned something about using the leather from the 3rd seats--has anybody actually done this?

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">