Picking up either Tuesday or Weds... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1989 FJ62 with 217K on the clock, OME, very clean interior with a killer stereo system. The only issues are missing the front bumper end caps and two minor rust bubbles behind driver side front wheel well. This truck sounds and runs sweetly. This will be my new DD. I'm selling my 2005 silverado since it will never be driven again. I post some better pics once she's been fully cleaned and polished.

Last edited:
One more...

Last edited:
Good find! Post up some more pics when you get her all cleaned up.

Looks sweet!! and with a few nice additions! PICS PICS PICS!

Man, finally a guy who posts pics before he even picks it up. Good Man. Looks good, and as a former detailer, that would come out real nice with a glaze, polish and wax. . I'm hooked on 3M products myself. Keep us posted

Sweet looking ride.

It looks pretty darn clean. Can you elaborate (or post pics) about where the small rust spots are? The reason I ask is that I may go look at an FJ60 this week and I don't know where rust usually starts.

Andrew

A bit of wax will make that rig awesome!!!

daddyo said:
Sweet looking ride.

It looks pretty darn clean. Can you elaborate (or post pics) about where the small rust spots are? The reason I ask is that I may go look at an FJ60 this week and I don't know where rust usually starts.

Andrew

most common parts are the rear fenders and rear lift gate. The spare tire will probably be rusted stuck also. I would look at the advance search function in the 60 series section specifically for other areas that might rust.

cabron said:
Man, finally a guy who posts pics before he even picks it up. Good Man. Looks good, and as a former detailer, that would come out real nice with a glaze, polish and wax. . I'm hooked on 3M products myself. Keep us posted

I used to do a lot of detailing as well... I always liked the poorboys products ( www.poorboysworld.com ) but 3M is top notch stuff too. Their swirl remover is a good one step polish in my opinion but the poorboys natty's wax or meguiers gold class wax are my first choices for wax. I'd love to see it all cleaned up. Looks like a good find!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom