picking up a 3FE, what else should I get (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

3_puppies

SILVER Star
Threads
going to pick up a 3FE and auto this weekend, guy is pulling out for an engine swap. he's keeping the harness, is there anything else I should try to get, for the motor? says its complete except for the power steering and the ac compressor.

See if he will cut the exhaust past the O2 sensors. If he isn't giving up the wiring then he probably won't give up the fuel relay's. There a two in-line, I would ask. Alt and Disti are expensive new, look for those as well.
:cheers:

Yep, get the two downpipes from the manifolds that hold the O2 sensors, they are boltable so don't need cutting.

Get the ECU/ECM! and all the other electric control units, also make sure you get the O2 sensors. By all means get the wiring harness, he'll have NO need for it unless putting in another 3F-E! You should also get all the control units to where the various vacuum lines run for the EGR etc (sits atop the port wheel well inside the hood). Get ANYTHING you can with which he's willing to part, I assure you from my experience this made a big difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom