picked up the sm465 and ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all, i picked up the sm465 this past weekend and was cleaning it up a little / degreasing. and saw a few numbers on the top in front of the shifer, does anyone know what they mean ? is this the 4 wheel drive or two wheel drive version ? has a short shaft in rear and is 10 spline.

first one is 3901131 under that is j31 8 and then gm2 ?
are these just serial numbers ?

also saw a thread about orion vs toybox, will this also be a easier install with the orion t-case ?

i am wanting to keep my 2f motor and mat the sm465 with diff t-case and then do aussie in rear, keeping the 4.11's.

thanks in advance for any info ... :beer:

The 2WD output shaft has fine splines and a threaded section outboard from the splines to hold a u-joint yoke. Yours has a short output shaft and 10 splines. 2+2=? ;)

FJ40 MNTCRZR said:
... will this also be a easier install with the orion t-case ?

Yes, because it is a ten spline output. It will work with the ten spline Orion, desigend to work with the Toyota three speed transmission.

Get yourself a three speed flywheel housing to make that 465 work with the 2F.

You will either need to modifiy the bearing retainer on the front of the 465 to work with the Toyota flywheel housing(decrease the outside diameter of it) or open up the hole in the flywheel housing so that it will fit.

:beer:

Poser, sounds like you have done this, thanks for the advice, i need all the info i can get . :)

Cheers ... :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom