Picked up an 84 LB (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

40Man

SILVER Star
Threads
Just picked up this beauty. Anyone know of a good tonneau that fits? Don't love the look of the white camper. TIA!

20190617_180948.jpg

20190617_180942.jpg

Nice score! Red trucks ftw! Softopper makes a cool canvas camper, or your auto parts store should be able to find a tri-fold type for fairly cheap.

Man that thing is clean! Any immediate plans for it?

The owner recently passed away and I picked it up from his daughter. It was hard taking it from her, evidently it was her father's favorite material possession. :(. I had my wife bring milkshakes for all of them while I was taking care of paperwork, and the owner's granddaughter got really choked up (I subsequently discovered that the last place her grandfather took her in the truck before he died was to get shakes...). It was a really sad ordeal. It was definitely an older gentleman's rig, and he clearly took care of it.

He had planned to get a new Tacoma five years ago, but reversed course and proudly paid $5k to have a body shop remove minor rust and repaint it 5 years ago and put some new life into her. It has held up really well, and the dash is in perfect condition too. So my main plan is to keep it in good condition. Probably put some fluid film in all the cracks and crevices to keep rust from forming in the future. I'm going to get rid of the topper and will likely get new seat foam and covers (original covers are still in decent shape, but foam is tired). I'd love a fiberglass camper but it looks like that may be difficult to source, but I'll keep my eye out. May put a tan softtopper on. The interior bed is in good shape, but the paint is a bit worn from use. Will have to decide whether I spray it with paint, or tintable raptor. I'll probably just paint it. Will probably put on new tires. Both of the inner seals on the front axle are leaking, so rebuilding the birfs and new bearings when I can find some time. Otherwise I will probably keep it fairly stock for now. Will mostly be used for Home Depot runs, whitewater shuttles and camping (will trade off between this and my 40).

Last edited:
Pic with the new camper shell and powder coated land cruiser wheels. Much better than the camper and wheels it had on it when I purchased it.

20190807_130115.jpg

20190618_080029.jpg

LOVE the wheels! The truck looks great!. Nice work.

Awesome truck! You could make a Back to the Future truck out of it and quadruple your money lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom