Picked up a BJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I couldn't say no to this for $1750. 1984 BJ60 with H55f five speed and 194,000 original KM on the clock. It sat for years and I snagged it. She fired up right away and I drove it home. The 3B in this old girl seems to have more jamb than the one in my BJ42 with the ATX turbo on it! The frame is a little crusty but the interior, running gear and rest of the truck is dam fine for a 1984. I'm tempted to swap the whole power train into my 42 and throw the turbo on it.
IMG_0285.JPG
IMG_0282.JPG
IMG_0283.JPG
IMG_0284.JPG

Good buy. Pity about the rust. It would be nice to see it live on. Remember when 40s were everywhere and now they are on ebay for $30k or more.
The 60 series will be like that in 5-10 years.

I agree. They sure drive nice.

84 BJ60’s are great trucks, I love mine (a September, so a five bearing cam). The truck, it’s weight, the 3B, the H55 and the gearing just seem to work well together, especially with 235/75 15 rubber.
If the frame is crusty, find a decent FJ60 frame, reuse the engine mounts and swap it in.

Checked the compression yesterday and it was perfect! 422-430 all the way around. I just need a 55 to round out the ones I've owned. I've had 40, 60, 70 and 80 series land cruisers. Never an iron pig. The 80 was the last go the line in my mind. Others will disagree but the solid front axle died with the 80.

Excellent! You have a keeper!

Maybe weld the chassis, there is so much crusty around in topics so I don't care anymore.
I thought mine would be at the junkjard already but a bit of welding every year keeps the road check valid and solid.
And the chassis with 4 mm is the easy toast. Just a few strips welded about 4 cm from the bottom chassis seems to take care of it all.

Maybe weld the chassis, there is so much crusty around in topics so I don't care anymore.
I thought mine would be at the junkjard already but a bit of welding every year keeps the road check valid and solid.
And the chassis with 4 mm is the easy toast. Just a few strips welded about 4 cm from the bottom chassis seems to take care of it all.
Yeah, It looks like that's been done a few times on this truck. It was left in a field where the tall, damp grass was allowed to grow under it. The frame is nasty but the rest of the truck is decent. It runs like a top. Between the frame, rocker panels, lower tail gate and inner and outer quarters it would be a huge project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom