Pick this year's happy hour locales!!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Part of the club's plan for the year, is to have a monthly happy hour. It seems to me that our members are south, west, and north of DC and then Sebastian actually lives in DC. What I'm thinking is that Tysons Corner and Rockville seem to be good spots so that every-other month or so, there is one fairly close to a number of members. The only reason I would say Arlington County is out is that we have our meetings there each month already.

For Tysons, I think Gordon Beirsh (sp???) in the Mall may be a good spot. We can all line up/park on the top floor of the corresponding parking deck and it seems that during the weekthere are lots of tables in the bar available. Other than the mall, Ecities would be perfect as well, but having bartended there in the past, I can say its the most unsanitary place in NOVA to consume a beer (big chunks of yeast coming out of the taps,,,mmmmmm)!

If Gordon Biersh works as a VA location, let me know.

As for Maryland, I know most of the same establishments exist down Rockville Pike and its also near 495/270. Chevy Chase may also be a good location but I'm going to need to hear from some of our MD members on that. Throw some ideas out and we'll go knock back some cold ones :beer:

Gordon Biersch is good.
Kilroys, which is in the Ravensworth strip mall (Braddock Road and 495)
Fast Eddies in Springfield and in Fairfax
Sweetwater in Merrifield

I'm not a member yet...but soon via paypal, so I figured I could chime in.

I can think about some good spots here in MD. What time and roughly how many people would be typical? That would affect my choices. Rockville is good as there are many places and it is easily accessible. There's a great place here in Olney (Uncle Daves) that has an excellent beer selection, but I imagine not too many people would show up because of its proximity.

Vienna Inn!

The orginal owner, Philip was a big time Cruiser head with a bunch of mods to his FJ80, the current owner is a really good guy.

-Stumbaugh

I might even join and come to a meeting at the Vienna Inn, the cultural center on Northern Virginia!

I might even join and come to a meeting at the Vienna Inn, the cultural center on Northern Virginia!

Somehow I have never heard of this magical place... Must be a NoVA thing, but if it can get Bob to head up the road it must be one hell of a place! :flipoff2:
We have to have a happy hour here. Especially if they have good chili dogs, mmm.

I will try to find some places in MD. But surface parking for lifted vehicles rules out many areas. Is that a requirement?

Last edited:
There are some great places in Bethesda, but Parking is impossible. Hard times in Rockville has a good parking lot, Cheesburger Cheesburger in Rockville has a huge parking lot as well and there other places to eat there.

-Stumbaugh

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom