Pick N Pull no more (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cdaniel

Undocumented Mechanic-I Am Not CDAN
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
zot-art.com
Booo! :crybaby:
For all you you easterly types. The Pick N Pull in Chandler on 56th st has closed.

It's called ick N Pull, you didn't read the sign?:hillbilly:

We were there for the final harvest on Tuesday.

I work across the street and was watching them peel the letters off during lunch yesterday. Thought the were finally fixing the sign. Guess not.

I work across the street and was watching them peel the letters off during lunch yesterday. Thought the were finally fixing the sign. Guess not.
They were still hauling in tons of cars while we were there Tuesday. The office looks like they are definitely going out of business, but the yard is chuck full of cars and it looks like just another day. Keep an eye on things over there to see what happens next. It has always been a junk yard/picknpull ever since I moved into the neighborhood 29 years ago. John

I'm thinking someone bought the property and is going to clear it off. The separate small metal recycling operation at the north end of the place closed last week too.

I'm thinking someone bought the property and is going to clear it off. ...

That is one possibility, but. We fully expected to see the yard half or more, empty, crushing at record pace, etc. It was fuller than ever, a couple of new rows, with a higher percentage of "nice" junk, cleaner, more organized, etc. Almost like they were trying to impress?

their prices have been going up and up lately, cores on everything, hopefully someone is taking it over.

No core charges when we were there.

Could be they are just shuttering the public retail side of things. Probably way more money in collision repair supply. Crush anything older than 10 years, make room for the gravy. No more public insurance, less staff.

10 year "fleet renewal program" at its best ...
anything over 10 years old isn't wanted by the big 4.
crush the used parts and sheeple are forced to buy new.

backed by both the governments and the insurance industry.

10 year "fleet renewal program" at its best ...
anything over 10 years old isn't wanted by the big 4.
crush the used parts and sheeple are forced to buy new.

backed by both the governments and the insurance industry.

It's the ick N Pull, not a political statement.:rolleyes:

yes, pick and pull (as a brand name) is up here to, they bought out some of the bigger wreckers.
and yes, it is a political statement. when you look at the larger picture, it fits the need quite well ... or are you so naive to think they can not be motivated to play the game?
even the local small time wreckers have been approached to adopt the same game plan. most, so far, have told them to take a walk but as insurance goes up and the pressure gets applied more and more will work with just 10 year old vehicles and newer ...

but then i could be way out in left field here.
i will leave you gents to figure it out.
cheers

From someone who works in the automotive recycling industry,I can tell you vehicles being over 10 years old has little to due with buying inventory.In fact we would pay more for a 95 Chevy truck than a 05 Taurus.Just comes down to what parts are in demand.

New signs on the doors: LKQ Recycling coming soon.....

Bumble bee stripes on the building covered today. Fresh coat of blech white.

Big ol neon sign going up today. Fancy

Price hike......

ForumRunner_20131004_132027.jpg

ForumRunner_20131004_131851.jpg

ForumRunner_20131004_132027.jpg

.........still waiting. The sign has been lit for weeks. Paper off of the Windows. Now they're fencing off part of the parking lot........

IMAG0389.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom