Pic request : Left side engine bay -early 80's /3FE's (washer bottle-EFI relay area) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LINUS

Waiting for the Great Pumpkin
Threads
Hi all -

Anybody have or can direct me at a good clear photo of the left side (right side as you are looking at it) engine bay, up front where the early 80's have the washer bottle for the windshield located?

I'm doing the dual batteries into my later 80 & while some relocate the bottle with the Slee - style bracket or do the Camry / Corolla / other bottle solution, I need that area for other stuff intended -

If you can direct me at a good photo, it'll save Dan some grief listening to me babble when I go to order the bottle, the bracket arms that move the EFI relay box, and whatever pieces I don't yet know I need.

Thanks!

--Ben

There's some pics here (scroll to post #28), maybe more in the rest of the thread.

Thanks Taylor - that was what I was hoping to see - I'd been told of the setup, just needed to confirm the EFI relay box exterior wasn't vastly different (doesn't seem like it) - so hopefully this will be just a matter of ordering brackets, a bottle, relocating the carbon cannister & massaging the wires for the bottle pump to the other side of the bay (could even be a pigtail harness that does this, I'll be asking)

Thanks again! - Ben

Any time! Post a thread showing your progress. I'd like to see how you do it.

I'm doing this right now Linus. Finished up preping the JDM washer bottles and pumps last night.

I have Landtanks charcoal canister relocation bracket and am just waiting for the fuse box bracket to arrive from a fellow mud member to complete.

I will post thread when I finish next week.

What is this plug (circled in red)?

This looks like the plug that powers the JDM headlight washer pump.

Just wondering if the '91-'92's are pre-wired for this mod

(pic stolen from Eicca's link, post #28 above)
3FE fuse box area.jpg

Here is the lower JDM washer bottle from a Japanese '91 (part number 855341-021 is stamped on it, not sure if that is the actual number though)

As far as I can tell, it is the the same as the US part with the addition of the headlight washer pump (blue box).

The plug circled in red is what I was refering to in my previous post. I think that this may plug into the empty plug in the US '91 or '92 3FE equipped models.
JDM Washer Bottle.jpg

Last edited:
To answer your original request, CycloSteve sent me these part numbers. He is doing the same thing.

"Here is the part list for the whole conversion "kit":

1. Fuse block bracket = 82615-60010 - around $22 CDan price
2. Upper tank = 85325-60020 - $70
3. Lower tank = 85351-60050 - $125 ouch"

Here is also a picture of the fuse box bracket needed a pic of Landtanks FZJ80 with it all installed using his charcoal canister relocation bracket.
'91 fuse box bracket.jpg
washer%20bottle%20mod%20020%20(Large).jpg

Last edited:
Too funny, we are all parts-scrambling for the same bits.

Ben, if you are going to put your W/M reservoir behind the Aircleaner and Cruise module, you may want to build a little platform. There is enough space in there to actually put in a 4" wide by approximately 13" long piece of metal which will hold just about anything. I am having a friend fab one up based on a template that I made, essentially using the captive nut for the diagnostic port on the firewall, and the two captive nuts holding the Aircleaner and Cruise to the fenderwell. It will be rock-solid, and I am using the platform to relocate my compressor, as it is right where the battery needs to go. Won't be able to post pictures for a while as I am overseas at the moment, but thought I would pass that one on.

:cheers:

Steve

Hey Guys! - Yeah, we are all doing the same thing....I got one of Rick's CC brackets too, as I really am keeping all the "real estate" open over on the RH side of the motor bay open for future plans (so no Slee style fixes in mind for me - good option, I just need the room)

I'm expecting to have a meaningful size tank for my fluid cooler for the supercharger, and with dual batteries that's my area I'm left with & the reason for the swap.

I too was thinking when I called Dan I'd see what he knew of a pigtail harness for flopping the bottle location - I'll order the USDM bottles & see if there's a pigtail that mates up, even if I have to cut & splice in the middle to hit the connector we had in its' stock location (I need to see what shows up bottle-wise, if the existing pump fits that bottle, then I'll just reroute/extend the wires).

....but I'll post back once I make any progress & if either of you guys start new threads about this, maybe we can shoot each other quick PM's - whatever happens, glad to see some others doing this too - seems to make the learning curve alot easier.....

Thanks to both of you for the part#'s - I'm sure Dan will appreciate it too when I make the call!

I was just hoping for a quick pic, this turned out to be an awesome thread & a real timesaver - really guys, thanks again! -- Ben

That plug is for the headlight washer bottles. You will also have to install a relay for the head light cleaner. The plug is on the R rear corner near the firewall. Same side as the untenna for 91-92 US spec. models

What is this plug (circled in red)?

This looks like the plug that powers the JDM headlight washer pump.

Just wondering if the '91-'92's are pre-wired for this mod

(pic stolen from Eicca's link, post #28 above)

just some info, the early bottles have openings for two pumps. The front pump for the winshield and the rear pump for the rear hatch.

Be cause the newer trucks use a diverter valve you won't need the rear pump and you can source a brass hose plug from Lowe's or Home Depot that will push into the pumps rubber grommet to block it off.

For some reason the US-spec FJ80 here in Puerto Rico came with the headlights washer. Also the Mitsubishi Montero came with those.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom