PIC Request 1" BL w/ 4x4 labs rear and TJM front (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm thinking of going with a 1" body lift as the first lift on the truck, and I'd like some pics/advice from those that have, who also have a 4x4 labs rear bumper and/or a TJM front bumper. I'd really like some pics to see how it looks without moving it. I'm also curious on the TJM if you did move it, how you did it, and if you went the full 1". Any info or pics on the matter would be HUGELY appreciated!

I looked through all of my pics I have and cannot find a side view on flat land. I have a 4x4labs rear bumper, ARB front bumper and a 1" 4crawler body lift. There is no reason to customer mount or modify either for a 1" body lift. Sure you will notice the differences in the gaps because you're keenly aware of your truck. The only other folks who may notice are those in the 80 section of MUD. The difference is inconsequential, go for it.

Wouldn't 1" coil spacers be alot easier to install?

I looked through all of my pics I have and cannot find a side view on flat land. I have a 4x4labs rear bumper, ARB front bumper and a 1" 4crawler body lift. There is no reason to customer mount or modify either for a 1" body lift. Sure you will notice the differences in the gaps because you're keenly aware of your truck. The only other folks who may notice are those in the 80 section of MUD. The difference is inconsequential, go for it.

See, thats what I'm thinking... but I'm anal like that... :bounce:
I'm really thinking its not goina be a big deal. My only concern or thought is that the bars on the TJM may start to cover up the headlights. see this pic:
dsci1164.jpg

If you look, I think that lower bar is going to start blockin the headlights... thats why I'm lookin for pics or experience...

On the 4x4labs, I'm pretty sure you wont notice unless you go looking, or know better (read me noticing...)

If you can get pics that would be super awesome!

Wouldn't 1" coil spacers be alot easier to install?

Yes. But not in the plan. this whole thing is brewing from the fact i have no idea what kind of lift i want to run yet. I know I want either 36 or 37" tires, be it IROKs or MTRs (probably the IROKs... keep a set of 33s for street duty... who knows), but I havent figured out how im going to get there. I HAVE to keep my CoG low or I'll roll it with the type of wheelin i do. I also dont want to cut all of the fenders off, so I'm kinda between a rock and a hard spot.... enter the body lift. it will give me a little more room for tires, without having to get all the room from suspension lift and will help keep my CoG lower.

Reason why this is all brewing right now is, I need sliders ASAP. I already beat the everloving s&%t out of my lower fender and rockers, and would like to stop doing that. BUT before I fab up some sliders and weld them on, I want to do a body lift first, if I'm going to do it, so I can keep the sliders tucked closer.... its a vicious cycle.

the lower bar wouldnt cover the headlamps...if anything it might obstruct your marker lamps. its the top bar which might interfere with your headlamps. check the FAQ...ironyuppy has a 4crawler 1" BL write up there.

id go ahead and install it. 1 inch shouldnt make too much of a difference..but imo, to run 37's..you should cut fenders esp if you want to keep your cog low.

Not a TJM but a 1" body lift with an ARB.

Its not a big deal at all regarding blocking the headlights. The blinkers, however, might be blocked a bit depending on the angle. I swapped the bulbs between the marker and the blinker so the blinker was more visible. A bandaid for now until get a trailer adapter and light up the marker lights again. If I had the factory ARB blinkers in the bumper it would be no issue at all.

As far as the body lift itself, I got it for all the reasons anyone would get a one. BUT, I had a leaky radiator to replace and did it as a 'while I was in there' thing. Its pretty straighforward but it is a lot of work. Installing springs is waaaaaaay easier. I also had to cut off 5 of the 10 original body mount bolts to get them off.

029a.jpg

Ah, yes, it would be the top bar..... one should not web wheel when drinking...

Right now the plan is 1" BL then somewhere between 2.5 and 4" of suspension lift. Anything that rubs will meet the fate of the cutoff. From the looks of the pic and the comments... it looks like it wont be a biggie. I know install is going to be somewhere between a piece of cake and why did i ever even think about doing this, but it will be alright.

If anyone else has pics or opinions, post up. And thanks to those that have thus far!

Awesome thread... and pics of the rear would be awesome!

Couple questions how in the heck do you get to those front two bolts... I already plan on pullin the rad out, but it looks like i need to pull headlights and grille to get to them/make it easier.... correct?

any other helpful hints?

You got it, headlights, grill, and rad. Yours is different (mine's a 3FE) but I also pulled the battery and box, plus the A/C condensor.

Nah nah, not what I meant. I just had to take it out of its bracket and nudge it over. Then remove the bracket itself

Here's two pics with the 4x4labs bumper and 1" body lift.

IMG_0082.jpg

IMG_0080.jpg

Question on the body lift, are all 10 pucks 2.5" in diameter?

And thanks for the pics of the bumper... how do you like the 4x4labs rear... anything you'd change?

Question on the body lift, are all 10 pucks 2.5" in diameter?

Yes, all ten on my truck are 2.5". Roger also offers a 2" size but for the marginal increase in cost I prefer the larger surface area of the 2.5" pucks.

And thanks for the pics of the bumper... how do you like the 4x4labs rear... anything you'd change?

You're welcome. Overall I've been pretty satisfied with the bumper. I do wish there was additional structural support for the leading edge of the wings. As you can see in both pics the wing upper tube support has contacted the body on some tight trails. This isn't likely an issue for some folks but if you wheel tight trails the length of the 80 will rear its ugly head.

My only gripe is how the latch was installed, i.e. not correctly relative to the design of the latch. However, that will be remedied very soon.

Yes, all ten on my truck are 2.5". Roger also offers a 2" size but for the marginal increase in cost I prefer the larger surface area of the 2.5" pucks.

You're welcome. Overall I've been pretty satisfied with the bumper. I do wish there was additional structural support for the leading edge of the wings. As you can see in both pics the wing upper tube support has contacted the body on some tight trails. This isn't likely an issue for some folks but if you wheel tight trails the length of the 80 will rear its ugly head.

My only gripe is how the latch was installed, i.e. not correctly relative to the design of the latch. However, that will be remedied very soon.

Awesome!

On the leading edge, are you refering to the vertical edge right behind the tire? Have you looked at it to figure out where to add some material to help? I figure if I can take your advice and add it to mine when i weld it up, it will help out a bunch!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom