pic of 33' with no lift? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

this pic is about sixteen or seventeen years old now, and i did have 1 1/2" shackles, but otherwise stock suspension...wish i new what happened to it...it was my first cruiser.
ricebox2.JPG

33x12.5x15 on 15x10 chrome mods. don't think they had anti inversion or greasable shackles back then...this was in mid to late 80's

So, I've been thinking this over, can I run 33s without too much trouble or flex? I think I have a 3 inch lift (how would I know) but how big can you go on stock suspension? More so I (all of you) should worry about breaking with 33s if you're still running drums.

Adam

i have 33's with no lift to my knowledge. the only thing is i have my rear fenders cut out and my tires rub the inside or the wheel well
and i have 4 drums and can stop pretty damn good

cruzerman350 i have 4 drums and can stop pretty damn good[/QUOTE said:
after a jump like that, i'd hope to hell you can stop..

seriously, properly adjusted drums work great...it's just getting them properly adjusted that sucks chunks.

ya fter my jump the enigine died and it got stuck in gear so istopped pretty quick. but my drums will lock up and they arents een adjusted very well. the only problem with them is if you go through water they get wet and dont work at all

same with discs...just need to run them for a few seconds as you run down the trail.

i always ended up in the next lane with my drums../

buggers up pinion angles, and caster of the front axle, = vibrations and wandering steering

This is my truck right now...

notice the fenders aren't cut...and yes they'll rub when in off camber situations and / or high speed turns...hehe...

Here's the front I had to adjust my bumpstops to keep my tires out of the steering linkages

What about Pinnacle Eng ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom