pic of 33' with no lift? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

the ever revolving spring thread.

I still like the BDS I installed on a 60. never seen one on a 40 or tried one. But its an ok kit.

Here's my 71 with the 33s this year. No lift.
DSCN3457 (Small).JPG

geez you got enough room under that rear fender to fit 35's idave

bad_religion_au said:
geez you got enough room under that rear fender to fit 35's idave

Haha, it looks worse than it is, because they are 9.5s. I could actually get 35s in there without rubbing. But I think they look far better/right on the 45...., so I put the 30s back on the FJ40
DSCN3788 (Small).JPG

mine

trimmed fenders
ad side.JPG

my bro's no lift no trimming
side1.JPG
side2.JPG
poser.JPG

Troopies have rear wheel well openings that are 3" wider than a 40s. Also, they have huge spring packs in the rear and sit higher stock than a 40 sits.

yep

makes 33's fit nice

my 40 is stock in the first pic though

Sweet troopy-

Was that fabbed up from a 40 or is it the real deal?

Looks sweet either way, do those things have two sets of jump seats? Cool looking rig... sorry about the highjack.

Rezarf <><

Old pic (Oct. 2001; first NorCalPigrun) 33x12.5 MTs...

74fj40 said:
just checkin if anyone has a pic of their rig with 33's and no lift...
019_G_001.jpg

Would a 2" shackle lift work with 33's or would is screw up the drive lines?

REZARF said:
Sweet troopy-

Was that fabbed up from a 40 or is it the real deal?

Looks sweet either way, do those things have two sets of jump seats? Cool looking rig... sorry about the highjack.

Rezarf <><

real deal. i bought it and it slowly went to hell mechanically and aesthetically, now my brother took it over, and is doing wonderful things with it. those are the most recent pics, and it's a million times better than when he took it on.

two sets of jump seats down either side, seating capacity of 10 (buckets in the front)

and i have never been game to try takin the roof of yet, but it'd be sweet with it off

i wouldnt do a 2 inch shackel lift on the front, due to handling constraints and 2 inches would be pushin the limits of of the pinion angle.

or do you mean extend the shackles 2 inches? that will net you about 1 inch lift, and that's as big as i'd go personally on the rear, idon't like shackle lifts on the front

hahaha... and scotto told me i needed 2 inches of body lift on top of my spring lift to clear them...

how????

my small 33's don't clear bodywork at full flex............. and their big 34's

hmmm confusing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom