Phulcrums m416 build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hmm....you have plenty of time. What fun would itr be if ya got a project done on time and under budget?:eek:

How about dropping the metal down (I don't know what clearence issues that'll cause with the sink and/or pullout kitchen) or raising the top bars flush with the top rail?

What the hell did you have to be so friggin big for?:hillbilly:
OffroadTrailer030a.jpg

i see what yer sayin'. move those two to make more room/clearance from top to bottom? it's current design is such that the upper "rail' is there to support cargo and act as a tie-down. when the covers are in place (ply-wood coated with paint and resin) they will make more cents. i got to thinking about this more today on grapevine trail and i concluded that i need to proceed with the original design for now, and that after some use if i decide to change it, i can later easy enough.

if the weather is too foul to use the RTT then i wouldnt want the lower level to have a high profile, and would only be sleepingin it in those conditions.

my 6 yr old step daughter has decided she needs to build her own trailer and that it will be a girls club...great. :cheers:

had the roof rack and some welding tweaked today, going to pick it up tomorrow and start breaking it down for sandblasting . will have yummy pics.

I think the biggest question is how much room is needed, a little or alot.

I agree, I have decided to make the roof expandable by a foot. if i never use it then no loss. it will take under 20 bucks to do it now. It will raise between 10 and 14" . And every increment in between .

I think you'll be much happier in the long run...post the pix please, you've been slackin' off a bit. Springs comin Bigboy...get crackin!!:clap:

:beer:Pat

got the new axle installed, toyota pattern. looking for some oem fj wheels to put on it that match my fj's. only a couple more cuts here n there and i can sandblast and paint. pics coming soon.

that is perfect for what i need, but you're right about the spendy part. I found some rails for 275.00 that will do it.

I like your Rack/cage/tent support thing. What did you use for square stock? wall thickness and such? Also whats your plan to mount the rtt on top of the cage?

Looks good

Bob

yeah bob the original plan was to mount the ARB rtt on the top of the "cage" . the latest idea will be to have the roof of the cage lift up on telescoping uprights creating a 3.3' high bed to sleep on , with canvas or tarp (?) material that rolls down for the sides. eventually, when i can afford one, i will still add the rtt and add-a-room to make it a 2 story expedition trailer. i am thinking the sleeping area i am amking will be much more durable in foul weather.

the kid that does my welding has been working for me till late everyday, so he hasnt fabbed up the uprights yet.

BUT, i do have an update. i found a full size RV canopy at my dads place, i can adapt it down to fit my trailer! i just need to see if it will cover the cooking area or be used on a side.

more good news, a friend of mine just found a solar panel in his shed he had intended to power his sheds lighting, but doesn't want to anymore, so he gave it to me! Its about 2x4' and will be mounted on the top of the trailer, next to the RTT.

Did the previous owner commit that atrocity on the lunette? Lunettes are scarce and spendy.

yeah the lunette was like that when i got the trailer. i plan to switch it to a lock n roll set up when money allows.

trial and error(s)

after some set backs, we have a roughly finished raising roof.

here are some cell pics, i'll get real ones soon.

Photo_053.jpg

Photo_05.jpg

Photo_052.jpg

it didnt turn out to be a "one man" operation to set up, but i can live with that.

starting rust treatment and painting last weekend, going to finish painting this afternoon and start bolting it back together.

decided to go with a military-ish desert tan with black trim. i can always change it if it looks silly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom