For Sale Photoshop on eBay listing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was quite interested in a 60 offered by a seller that goes by “European-cars” on eBay, apparently good reviews, car looked great on photos. Paid deposit, scheduled an inspection and was quite surprised to find some serious enhancement of photos on their behalf . Here are a couple of comparisons, and listing. I asked politely for a refund of deposit but was not granted such, still debating if I should address it with cc dispute dept

1987 Toyota Land Cruiser 4WD Manual L6 FJ60 Tow Package Clean CARFAX Rare! | eBay

AD67D3CF-6ACD-4B66-982F-051A873E04E7.jpeg

2498DDC0-A736-4D94-B706-F80F43801667.jpeg

Did you ever resolve this situation with Car Cheer? I am looking at an FJ62 they have for sale. Pictures look great, but I’m very reluctant to pursue given all the prior discussion. At minimum I’d have a third party look as I’m in Colorado and the FJ is in PA.
Hodaddy, i managed to get my deposit back and then he recharged my card arguing that I had to pay inspection and i just left it at that. make sure the third party you choose for inspection is chosen by you and not one of their recommendations.

Hodaddy, i managed to get my deposit back and then he recharged my card arguing that I had to pay inspection and i just left it at that. make sure the third party you choose for inspection is chosen by you and not one of their recommendations.
WillyG

Very much appreciate the quick response. Lining up third party inspection.

RUN!!! New to the forum, thanks to you all for helping me learn about "Car Cheer" aka "european cars" on eBay. I would add to the consensus here that they should be avoided at all costs. I was looking for a different type of vehicle and they offered a very low mileage, *rare* model. I showed up early to look at the vehicle, so i had a chance to look carefully without anybody distracting me. Immediately found:

A lot of touch-up body work that was not evident in their EBay photos.
Fluid leak
Vehicle had a non-matching battery from another make.
Interior electrical problem.
AND a large portion of the vehicle had been repainted.

This is a vehicle that cosmetically looked very good. It ran well, stopped, handled very well. Carfax was clean, but it was likely a major wreck that was not reported, sold for cash and then re-sold as a clean, one-owner car. As suggested here by others, highly recommend getting multiple VIN photos, googling the VIN, etc. etc.

What was perhaps most amazing to me was how many 80s these guys had in their shop. See photos attached. Several being worked on and probably another half-dozen in the lot. They do a lot of "re-conditioning" in this place. But you can't trust that anything will be done right, nor can you trust them to be honest with you about what they have and have not done.

European Cars 2019 1.jpeg

European Cars 2019 2.JPG

How do they still have 100% feedback on eBay? This is the place that's pretty much been setting the market for 80s for the last year or more.........
Wow that's scary all those 80s are going to end up in unsuspecting buyers hands. Sight unseen vehicle purchases are very risky.

Actually maybe you are right. Not good reviews by him. Ebay reviews are excellent, wonder why.

Maybe? Maybe???

Somebody reports getting screwed by these a-holes, and you want to roll the dice.

These threads exist for a reason... to protect Mudders from getting porked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom