Photos of 69-74 Rear License Plate Bracket? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TEQ

Tigger
Threads
Website
www.kindel.com
I'm trying to figure out what to do about a license plate frame for my rig when the top is off and the fixed rear tailgate plate I got from CCOT is installed:

The zip-ties are a hack.

One option is to pull the bracket that is on my ambulance doors off and mount. The downside would be I 'd have to move it back and forth each year.

The other option is to buy another 75-84 style rear bracket and mount that. This would give me the proper look.

Another option is to buy a bracket from a pre-74 rig. This is the option I'm currently exploring. The problem is I've never seen one in person and have been unable to find any good photos by searching.

If you have a set of good photos of a 69-74 OEM rear license plate bracket could you please point me at them?

Thanks!

Buy another 74-84 bracket and mount it up. It will look more stock, and its easy to install. Wiring etc...

heres a stolen pic of a early one... I believe part of it is integral to the door...

608421472_zMknQ-M.jpg

Your early 74 and up license plate bracket is designed to mount to the a flat surface. The earlier ones are not. If you get a second license plate bracket you still have to move the license plate. Not sure your gaining that much by not just switching the whole thing. If your worried about chipping your paint that is another thing. Rig is pretty nice I could see why you would want to keep it that way.:cheers:

Just transfer your ambulance door license bracket over to the rear panel when you take off the top (or buy a spare to leave on the panel).

These are pics taken from mud classifieds...a 1961, a 1963, and a 1969
a IMG_0010.jpg
drape63_rear6.jpg
CIMG3576.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom