Photos of 350 installs wanted (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
We are getting ready to install a 350 in a FJ25. We are using a TH700 with a Toyota 3 speed T-case. My question is where to install the Motor, trans and transfer case in the frame as far as height. Any photos and ideas would help. My big concern is the front output of the transfer case is pointed up and trying to level it or point it down would mean lowering the motor or raising the t-case. Raising the case would mean cutting the body.
TIA
John

you are now starting down the road of compromises. You have to decide what you want the end result to be and prioritize your compromises from there.

For example: Long drivetrain + Lift = high angle rear driveshaft with potential travel concerns. Lower engine + Drivetrain= friendly shaft angles and few if any transmission tunnel changes or body lift. Engine placed forward or towards the back / shifter linkages, cooling issues, distributer clearance.

The list goes on and on. Search, search, search then test fit, test fit, test fit. Be ready to take it out and put it back several times. At least at first.

Here's where mine ended up in a 76-FJ40 w/5spd
engine low.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom