Wanted Photoman 80 series bracket for 150A alternator upgrade (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Anyone have one the want to sell, ideally with the electrical plug as well?

i offer ALL the Various NipponDenso OEM Toyota Connector Plugs to get you up and going here :)

PM me a photo of your Rear Plug Port on the rear of the new 150A unit you have now please

thanks

matt

Anyone have one the want to sell, ideally with the electrical plug as well?
It’s not the photoman bracket but there is a seller on EBay selling similar with the plug. I bought one but never installed it, it’s good quality.

74FD4F1E-DE07-43E1-BD14-921806FFB188.png

Thanks!, yeah I saw that one as well. Decided to purchase it as I need a alternator replaced.
Have you installed yours yet? My alternators on the way out and Joey said his won’t be available for a few months.

Have you installed yours yet? My alternators on the way out and Joey said his won’t be available for a few months.
No I have not, a couple issues with this bracket.
1. The new 150A Sequoia alternator has a larger upper hole than the factory one which means the factory bolt is loose in the hole and it has no bushing. I tried to remove the bushing to the new alternator from the old one but it won't fit.
2. The lower bolt hole on the factory unit is tapped for like a 8x1.25mm bolt, the Sequoia one has a 10mm hole so once again it will require a larger bolt and nut to make this work.
So I was at work and did not have access to all of my tools or hardware so possibly this bracket could be made to work but not as it's supplied and not with the Sequoia 150A alternator as is. I bought this bracket and like 2 weeks later Wits End announced that they would be making brackets again which seems like it will make the above issues go away.

IMG_9199.jpg

IMG_9200.jpg

1. The new 150A Sequoia alternator has a larger upper hole than the factory one which means the factory bolt is loose in the hole and it has no bushing. I tried to remove the bushing to the new alternator from the old one but it won't fit.
2. The lower bolt hole on the factory unit is tapped for like a 8x1.25mm bolt, the Sequoia one has a 10mm hole so once again it will require a larger bolt and nut to make this work.
So I was at work and did not have access to all of my tools or hardware so possibly this bracket could be made to work but not as it's supplied and not with the Sequoia 150A alternator as is. I bought this bracket and like 2 weeks later Wits End announced that they would be making brackets again which seems like it will make the above issues go away.

View attachment 2954249

View attachment 2954250

View attachment 2954249

View attachment 2954250
Yeah the wits end kit should be solid. I had messaged Joey about it but it seems it’s going to be a few months out. I’m thinking I’ll just go with the Jag alternator if I can find a denso alternator like some people have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom