Philips automotive lighting 11258XUX2 X-tremeUltinon LED car Headlight Bulb (H1), 6.500K (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It's good to know that you had good experience with leaving them uncovered. One of the main reasons I went with Philips over others is reliablity from a well known brand, hopefully.

Keep in mind you don't know their usage assumptions. Most lasers and LEDs are rated in operational hours before xx% output degradation of rated output to declare a failure. The obvious cheat was to rate them low.

IIRC, when I worked at NUBURU a few years ago, the target was 20%, but I could be wrong. Things have probably changed.

Are there any other add-on items needed like Canbus LED Controller? I noticed that the UK versions are not EU compliant either.
There is no addon that I have to buy. The package comes with the bulbs and the led drivers for a complete installation.

I wanted brighter headlights but, I wasn't wild about modifying my 2001 LX470 beautiful glass lens headlights, running wires, mounting relays and ballasts under the hood. So I decided to try the new LED lights and caps.

My plan so far:

Lasfit has the hard plastic caps back in stock. I ordered 4 of them yesterday. I think I am going to drill a hole in the caps at 5 o'clock and 7 o'clock in the hopes of getting some colder air the headlights but, still trying to keep them protected as much as possible.

I ordered the Philips X-tremeUltinon H1 LED Bulbs for the low beams.
I also ordered GTR Ultra Series 2.0 9005 H1 LED Bulbs for the high beams.

It will be a few weeks before I get all the parts but, if someone in the future reminds me, I will give them my opinion.

I wanted brighter headlights but, I wasn't wild about modifying my 2001 LX470 beautiful glass lens headlights, running wires, mounting relays and ballasts under the hood. So I decided to try the new LED lights and caps.

My plan so far:

Lasfit has the hard plastic caps back in stock. I ordered 4 of them yesterday. I think I am going to drill a hole in the caps at 5 o'clock and 7 o'clock in the hopes of getting some colder air the headlights but, still trying to keep them protected as much as possible.

I ordered the Philips X-tremeUltinon H1 LED Bulbs for the low beams.
I also ordered GTR Ultra Series 2.0 9005 H1 LED Bulbs for the high beams.

It will be a few weeks before I get all the parts but, if someone in the future reminds me, I will give them my opinion.
How are you liking your Philips LED bulbs? I'm looking for options and these look promising. Do they provide clean cutoffs or scatter? Thanks.

How are you liking your Philips LED bulbs? I'm looking for options and these look promising. Do they provide clean cutoffs or scatter? Thanks.
I am sure a retrofited HID lights are better but, for the ease of these LED bulbs and the light output, I love them. The low beam LEDs are about 25% brighter but, the high beam lights are 100% brighter. And so far, no one has even flashed their lights at me, so I think the cutoff is good and I have them adjusted well.

I am sure a retrofited HID lights are better but, for the ease of these LED bulbs and the light output, I love them. The low beam LEDs are about 25% brighter but, the high beam lights are 100% brighter. And so far, no one has even flashed their lights at me, so I think the cutoff is good and I have them adjusted well.
Thanks. I'm considering LED or opening them up and installing projectors.

I'm looking at the Philips Ultinon Pro9000 LED H1 replacements.

Amazon UK Link

As I understand it, these are essentially the 3rd generation offer of the X-tremeUltinon (H1) as linked in first post. There was a second generation of X-tremeUltinon offered for most fitments, but H1 didn't get it. Recently the Ultinon Pro9000 were released and I'm seeing several reviews calling that line 3rd gen, despite the name change and no official 3rd generation status as far as I can tell. Still, the Pro9000 are relatively new and are being marketed as their top-of-the-line (with price to match), so I'm assuming these are meant to be the successor to the X-tremeUltinon Gen 2 released quite a while ago.

Some benefits I see are the one piece (not screw together) design which is supposed to offer better heat transfer [edit: the H1 bulb still has the screw-on heatsink and fan for clearance reasons with the housing clip], and, most important, the small and precisely located LED placement meant to closely replicate the filament of the H1 incandescent bulb. This is supposed to give the best light output and cutoff due to good projector compatibility.

Lifetime is stated up to 5000 hours. Warranty is 2 years plus 3 extra with registration, but I don't know how USA purchase would affect that.

I think they look good. I went through adding HID projectors to my 07LX, and in the end I felt it was a hassle, though the light was great. I had multiple Morimoto components fail, and opening the lights and aligning the projectors was a lot of work. For about $150 I'm pretty interested in these.

Anyone try them yet?

Last edited:
I'd like to hear more...:cool:

I got the Ultinon Pro9000's for my 98 LX. Total was about $150 and ordering from Amazon UK was easy. I'm running them without dust caps right now as the ones from Lasfit are back out of stock within the last day or so. I'm not 100% sure I would use them anyway due to cooling concerns that have been mentioned, but I am still considering caps and may just risk the lifespan. Come to think of it, they may not fit my driver side since I'm running a larger battery. I'd have to measure clearance.

ANYWAY, on to my opinions so far.
  • Great light color!
  • Seemingly good compatibility with the projectors
  • Output and overall visibility is no doubt better than stock, but having had HID's in my previous LX I feel my eyes are tricked and slightly disappointed by seeing the same type of nice light, just less of it
The projector compatibility of these seems really important. The bulbs have an adjustment feature whereby they are fitted into an adjustable collar secured with tiny grub screws. This collar has markings on it like a clock face for rotational adjustment in certain scenarios. In our case we just want them perfectly at 12:00. I had an issue with one of mine where it came about a degree or two off center maybe, literally just the width of the printed alignment line. I didn't notice this, except that once installed, it produced a stray specular highlight out of place above the cutoff. After swapping sides I realized it was the bulb and noticed the very slight misalignment.

My point is that the position of the LED's seems really important to play nicely with the projectors. Keep that in mind if you get them, and also as you're comparing these to other brands and models. I think that when properly installed, these may be some of the best out there as far as the led placement mimicking the filament of an H1 incandescent. Their advertising hits on this, at least. After my experience I'm inclined to believe it.

One other note.. There is a small electrical component box (not sure what it's called) at each bulb as seen in the photo below. I didn't realize this since it isn't usually shown in product photos. They suggest you slide it into a void space in the headlight housing. I guess the idea is that once a dust cap is installed, all the electronics are protected. I felt around a little and didn't find a spot where it seemed to fit well. Since I'm not running a cap at the moment anyway I just have the boxes and connections inserted into small bags and tied off (they don't seem weatherproof). I need to zip tie them to something nearby just to make it a bit neater. Anyway I hadn't anticipated this part so I figured I'd mention it. Has anyone running LED's managed to insert these boxes into the housing and close everything up with Lasfit caps?

Last thing.. I had to cut the spade connectors off the wires inside my factory caps in order to free them. I then crimped on some new female spade connectors to connect to the LED bulbs. I have enough slack that I could probably revert to the stock cap the same way without needing to add length back. If you don't want to alter your caps, you could get these connectors from Aliexpress and build your own connector to hook up to the factory wiring (you need the male side - 10 for about $11.50 shipped isn't too bad)

I think I'm please overall. I wish it were a bit neater, I guess. Having the caps off and components dangling about for now isn't ideal. The light is nice. Score: 7/10

4d7oucl.jpg

I have a larger battery in mine too. Group 49 it's width is 6.875 in, do you think there is enough clearance without the hot fan getting to close.

I have an H8 battery which I think is the same dimensions as group 49. There is no problem with the heatsink/fan protrusion of the bulb, but I am not sure if the Lasfit extended dust cover will fit with MY battery placement.

My battery is sitting on a foam interface mat on top of the plastic tray (with its locating holes) and at this point they are merged and come out in one piece when removed. Even with a similar battery size you may be able to get more room than I have just based on where I originally sat my battery on the foam cushion.

If you're only worried about the bulb itself, no worries at all, plenty of room.

Last edited:
I have a Group 49 Battery, Phillips LEDs and the Lasfit caps. No problem on the clearance for all 3 combined.

Seems we all have similar interests.

Did you put the 'electronics box' for each bulb inside the headlight housing? Or leave it out? If left out, how did you protect it?

I left it out because there wasn't enough room inside the cap. I also put 2 small holes in the bottom of the cap to keep water out but, help with breathing.

The LED controllers are zip tied under the rail above the headlights. I figured the engine compartment stays dry in the rain so under that rail seemed like a good spot. So far, no problems.

This is what I went with & I love them:

Philips X-tremeUltinon H1 LED Bulbs for the low beams
GTR Ultra Series 2.0 9005 H1 LED Bulbs for the high beams
Philips 168WLED for parking lights

Lexus LX LED Headlight Bulb Dust Cover Seal Cap to seal out the dirt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom