Philips automotive lighting 11258XUX2 X-tremeUltinon LED car Headlight Bulb (H1), 6.500K (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I took a chance on this and the results were amazing. Shipping took less than a week directly from amazon.co.uk by DHL. I installed them immediately and I couldn't be happier.
light1.jpg
light2.jpg
light3.jpg

Plug & play? Mods required? Any issues with heat sink? Pictures, links, etc.

It is plug and play but you'll need an after market headlight bulb dust cover because of the heat sink just like with any led bulb. I didn't have to splice or cut any wire. I'll take some picture once I can get the dust cover from lasfit.

That's odd, the version on the Amazon (USA) site claims "not road legal"

Not DOT compliant- prob why all the sellers are overseas

I took a chance on this and the results were amazing. Shipping took less than a week directly from amazon.co.uk by DHL. I installed them immediately and I couldn't be happier.

Sacman, I want to try them too. Please provide the links the bulbs and the dust covers.

Part numbers from amazon would be great. Seems like I need to try these!

I think these are the extended dust caps but, they are sold out right now.

I think these are the extended dust caps but, they are sold out right now.

Yep.

I prefer the Lasfit dust covers but, who knows when they will be in stock again.

So I am trying to figure out if these will fit the 2001 LX 470 light housings?

If so, will the 75mm fit both the high beam and low beam lights?

Amazon product ASIN B0725Z62GR

Please note that using the sealed covers on the LED bulbs will degrade their lifetimes, especially the high power versions that already require forced cooling. I've seen more laser diode and LED failures due to thermal issues than I care to admit due to improper cooling.

Undersigned,
Your helpful Optics Ph.D.

Please note that using the sealed covers on the LED bulbs will degrade their lifetimes, especially the high power versions that already require forced cooling. I've seen more laser diode and LED failures due to thermal issues than I care to admit due to improper cooling.

Undersigned,
Your helpful Optics Ph.D.
I hear you. Between the risk of leaving the cooling fan exposed to dust and the premature life of the LED, it's probably a wash. I'm debating about leaving it exposed as it's protected fairly well from the elements under the hood.

I've had cooling fan equipped LEDs uncovered on low and high beams for over 3.5 years. No failures from environmental factors; no failures period actually. The fogs, however, I would strongly suggest an LED that has no cooling fan. I did manage to kill one unit that had a cooling fan due to wetness and have since swapped it out with a non-cooled unit; no issues.

I've had cooling fan equipped LEDs uncovered on low and high beams for over 3.5 years. No failures from environmental factors; no failures period actually.

Where di you source your lamps @ramangain ? Are they as bright as @sacman 's UK bulbs?

I originally ran the HE LEDs for fogs, highs, and lows. They lasted 2.5 years without a failure except the one fog LED due to wetness in the fan.

The Hikari "Eye of Megatron" was a significant enough upgrade of projecting light where it needed to go on the road that I upgraded about a year ago for the highs and lows.

For the fogs I went with 3000K SNGL high power LEDs that are fanless, but don't appear to be sold on Amazon anymore; only the lower power versions are now available. They are very, very bright. The LASFIT 194 3000K bulb is a very close color match to the SNGL bulb BTW.

I'm picky about light pattern and "brightness" but did not want to screw around with my headlight housings (yet).

Comparing light "brightness" is essentially impossible between two photos unless the ambient light conditions are almost exactly the same. I can't compare to the Philips above for that reason.

Are there any other add-on items needed like Canbus LED Controller? I noticed that the UK versions are not EU compliant either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom