PHH & Tech. Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I did my PHH this weekend. That is a lot of fun. Good times. My neighbor might have learned some new words while I was working in the driveway. :devillook

Anyway...while working on the PHH I noticed what looks like a plug that is right on the engine block, a hanging wire that looks like it should be attached to this plug...but it is broken. I took some pics, cause that will do a better job than describing. Anyone know what this goes to? The wire itself just disappears into a bundle of other wiring, so I wasn't able to trace it to anywhere particular. It seems like it has been broken for a while, I don't think I broke it while working on the PHH.

Cruiser seems to run fine with no issues regardless of that wire/plug being broken off.

Here are pics.

100_3020_edit.jpg

And the wire/plug:

100_3027.jpg

and

100_3029.jpg

Last edited:
Blackgold,
1. Recommend using something like IrfanView to resize your pics to 800x600 or less.
2. Recommend posting your vehicle specifics; especially the year model.
3. I think that is one of the 2 knock sensors. Seems like you would be throwing a code if you have OBD-II.

-B-

Beowulf said:
Blackgold,
1. Recommend using something like IrfanView to resize your pics to 800x600 or less.
2. Recommend posting your vehicle specifics; especially the year model.
3. I think that is one of the 2 knock sensors. Seems like you would be throwing a code if you have OBD-II.

-B-

Sorry about that...pics resized.

I'm driving a 1993 FZJ-80 LC.

I'm not sure if I'm throwing any codes, I don't have a reader, but I have no warning lights active on the dash.

Lots of knock sensors have been buggered during PHH exercises. It's kinda in a bad spot...

tarbe said:
Lots of knock sensors have been buggered during PHH exercises. It's kinda in a bad spot...

That is what I am starting to think...spending the afternoon with my nose in the Hayne's manual...the only thing I've found is that it might be is the Knock #2 sensor.

I appreciate the opinion! Thanks!

It appears that this plug effects the idle, as it seems to idle very low now, and even stalled at a stoplight. :frown: And after driving it a bit the Check Engine light does come on.

So...it appears that I did break this plug off changing out the PHH. :doh: :eek:

I guess if nothing else this can warn others to be careful of that plug.

I wonder how much a Knock Sensor is gonna cost...:frown:

EDIT: No. 2 Knock Sensor = $173.75. Special order part as well, so not kept stocked. Sweet. :doh:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom