PHH & Tech. Question

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by BLACKGOLD, Aug 27, 2006.

1. BLACKGOLD

BLACKGOLD

So I did my PHH this weekend. That is a lot of fun. Good times. My neighbor might have learned some new words while I was working in the driveway. :devillook

Anyway...while working on the PHH I noticed what looks like a plug that is right on the engine block, a hanging wire that looks like it should be attached to this plug...but it is broken. I took some pics, cause that will do a better job than describing. Anyone know what this goes to? The wire itself just disappears into a bundle of other wiring, so I wasn't able to trace it to anywhere particular. It seems like it has been broken for a while, I don't think I broke it while working on the PHH.

Cruiser seems to run fine with no issues regardless of that wire/plug being broken off.

Here are pics.

[​IMG]

And the wire/plug:

[​IMG]

and

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 18, 2008
  2. Beowulf

Beowulf

Blackgold,
    1. Recommend using something like IrfanView to resize your pics to 800x600 or less.
    2. Recommend posting your vehicle specifics; especially the year model.
    3. I think that is one of the 2 knock sensors. Seems like you would be throwing a code if you have OBD-II.

-B-

3. BLACKGOLD

BLACKGOLD

Sorry about that...pics resized.

I'm driving a 1993 FZJ-80 LC.

I'm not sure if I'm throwing any codes, I don't have a reader, but I have no warning lights active on the dash.

4. tarbe

tarbe

Houston, Texas for now - Romance, MO soon!
    Lots of knock sensors have been buggered during PHH exercises. It's kinda in a bad spot...

5. BLACKGOLD

BLACKGOLD

That is what I am starting to think...spending the afternoon with my nose in the Hayne's manual...the only thing I've found is that it might be is the Knock #2 sensor.

I appreciate the opinion! Thanks!

6. BLACKGOLD

BLACKGOLD

It appears that this plug effects the idle, as it seems to idle very low now, and even stalled at a stoplight. :frown: And after driving it a bit the Check Engine light does come on.

So...it appears that I did break this plug off changing out the PHH. :doh: :eek:

I guess if nothing else this can warn others to be careful of that plug.

I wonder how much a Knock Sensor is gonna cost...:frown:

EDIT: No. 2 Knock Sensor = $173.75. Special order part as well, so not kept stocked. Sweet. :doh:

Last edited: Aug 30, 2006
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.