PHH...rite of passage w/pics (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
so i joined the ranks, changing my PHH yesterday. 3-4X overdue at 187k miles...so i should be more embarrased (pronounced "lucky")than proud of myself.
i snapped some pictures while i did it. i figured it might give someone yet another view of what's there. i unbolted the transmission dipstick and also took down a bracket holding a brake line as well and lightly tie wrapped it out of the way. that allowed me to the the dremmel tool in there safely.
suprisingly the hose hadn't disentegrated, but it was certainly degraded, especially under where the "spam can" clamp was. got the new blue silicone hose on there now, so should be in good shape.
thanks yet again to everyone on the board for the information and input.
bracket.jpg
tie_wrap.jpg
old_PHH_3.jpg

I can understand the brew, but what does the step do for you, exactly?

same as step #6 for the birf rebuild...
needed something to do while i waited for the feeling to come back in my right arm.

I was asking how that step pic is related to #6 exactly

ahh, i see what you're asking, e. that's where i placed my foot to reach over to the backside of the engine and get to the 2nd bolt loose. sorry i didn't make that clear.
step_foot_2.jpg

ahh, i see what you're asking, e. that's where i placed my foot to reach over to the backside of the engine and get to the 2nd bolt loose. sorry i didn't make that clear.

interesting, I'll admit I never thought about stepping *inside* the engine bay... good for you!

Welcome to the PHH club! Wasn't that bottom bolt on the back side of the block a PITA?

You have passed the man test. Go have another:beer: .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom