PHH Neighbor/Throttle Body Coolant Hose. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So lucky for me after a million distilled water flushes and putting in fresh toyota coolant - this ————— starts leaking. I can feel the split beside the spring clamp where it goes to the block. Research and visual observation shows it runs from the block to the throttle body. Any ideas on a solution for this? Do I need to order a toyota hose or can I bypass this? I did a couple thread searches but no significant findings. Maybe a coolant hose cap with a breeze clamp down here? I don’t really see snow often. This is not the PHH.

E6E80E16-87ED-47B0-8386-E475CD74C78F.jpeg

There are several threads on it. One recently popped up and was even suggested to cap it. I would not personally follow that advice.

One mine I was able to pull that end free, cut 1.5” off the end where split and have plenty of slack to slide it back on the stub. Act quick and you wont lose too much coolant.

Tools R us has a decent writeup on replacement. Can be done without removing the throttle body but it helps. An off the shelf hose should work here fine but the OEM is rather well formed.

Edit. Heres one

There are several threads on it. One recently popped up and was even suggested to cap it. I would not personally follow that advice.

One mine I was able to pull that end free, cut 1.5” off the end where split and have plenty of slack to slide it back on the stub. Act quick and you wont lose too much coolant.

Tools R us has a decent writeup on replacement. Can be done without removing the throttle body but it helps. An off the shelf hose should work here fine but the OEM is rather well formed.

Edit. Heres one

Great idea and you actually helped me so very much I am very grateful. I trimmed off the bad and reused the old. Its a fix for now, but the hose will eventually need to be replaced.

9EFF6A44-BFAE-4706-A318-45364A9B4FC1.jpeg
FCED3CD9-2465-4F96-836B-2DDF82DBC6FE.jpeg

but the hose will eventually need to be replaced.
Since the original end of that hose failed i wouldn't put off replacing that hose for long. It's been my experience when I've been asked by customers to put off replacing a hose like that to "save them a little time, or money" they always seem to forget about replacing it. Then, without fail, it always seem to start leaking again when they are out on the trail miles from home.

I'd spend the money on a new formed one from Toyota. It's a well made hose, and these are not throw away trucks. After that you shouldn't have to replace it for another two or three decades. The cost really isn't that much when parlayed over that time span. As expensive as antifreeze is, a leak will cost more than the hose. Besides, if you do it properly and remove the throttle body you can replace the other throttle body coolant hose at the same time and clean the throttle body while you're at it. Total time a couple of leisurely hours and probably a bit better idle from the clean throttle body.

Get the new hose from Toyota and get the factory clamps as well. They are the little finger clamps only and are easy to install / remove. The Toyota hoses have a white mark on them where the ears of the clamp need to be placed so you can easily and blindly slip them on!

Get the new hose from Toyota and get the factory clamps as well. They are the little finger clamps only and are easy to install / remove. The Toyota hoses have a white mark on them where the ears of the clamp need to be placed so you can easily and blindly slip them on!
It is amazing to me that those little finger clamps are all that is required yet on the PHH we all use these good breeze clamps.

What are the part numbers of the two hoses in question?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom